Friday, September 13, 2024

Illume Blackberry Absinthe Vanity Tin Candle Review


 I finally have my life back because I am all caught up on Pop The Balloon (with Arlette). Now the only thing I really have to do is watch the new ones as they come out every Wednesday. Easy Peasy. I learn so much about human behavior and dating from that show...it is pretty much trash TV but also very educational.

But back to the candle. Winter weather came out of nowhere. It was so cold last night, it felt like December/January weather. I am not ready for this type of weather, I still want to be outside. So hopefully the sun comes back. 

Illume claims:

Grounded in sultry liquid amber, with a heart of petal-soft jasmine, and kissed with a vapor of berries.

Thoughtfully designed from wax to wick, put our candles anywhere and everywhere in the home or office.

Designed as a pop of pattern, our vanity tins have a full wrap label on textured stock, interior pattern with metallic details, and a color rolled edge to complement the colored wax. We use tin for its lovely illuminating qualities and because it is infinitely recyclable.

STYLE TIP: Tins are designed with a peek-a-boo interior, perfect for leaving out unlit and unlidded for a softed fragrance throw.

* Fill Weight: 11.8oz
* Product Size: 3.75" x 3.75" x 3.5"
* Burn Time: 50 hours
* Wick Count: 1
* Vegan
* Cruelty-free
* Plant-based wax

Made in USA

I definitely said earlier in the year that I wouldn't be trying anything else from the brand because I was pretty disappointed in the Hinoki Sage scent. But this was on sale/clearance. And I think I usually like Blackberry scents- so I figured I would like this one better than that one. 

Also that description definitely sold me. But I don't smell any amber or jasmine. Mostly berries and something else....but nothing floral.

It does smell better than the Hinoki Sage candle. It has a fruitiness to it. The blackberry I'm guessing which is present in a lot of other candle scents I've used. It's like they all buy the same blackberry scent. And then it has something to it that makes it smell more masculine. It reminds me of the Hinoki Sage scent but it's completely different. I just can feel that you can kinda tell they come from the same company.

I thought it was OK when I first got it. But now that I've burned it a few times I'm not really into it. It's just...there. Sometimes I can smell it, other times I can't. It tends to blend into the background. I like candles that I just can't get enough of. Candles that I don't even want to walk out the room while I am burning them and this isn't that. Especially since the retail price is around $28.00 which is pretty pricey for just one candle. 

I do like that it comes in a tin can. Easily recyclable. But I don't love how wide it is because it has been a bit hard to get to burn evenly...even in the summer heat. I have had to foil it which is something I only expect to do when it's cooler inside. 

I have had issues with this brand sooting...this one isn't as bad as the other candle from the same brand. I do think these could burn cleaner though....

Overall, I don't foresee this brand become a favorite. I probably wouldn't buy more unless I found it on clearance/a great sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment