Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Sam Cooke

 


I'm a Sam Cooke fan. His music is just so classic...I grew up on a lot of his songs. I had a great time discovering more of his catalogue. I even ended up reading his wikipedia page...there is some pretty surprising stuff. Especially surrounding the end of his life.....They really should do a movie on him if they haven't.

But back to the music. 

A Change is Gonna Come was either the first or second Cooke song I remember hearing. Powerful song and you can immediately hear why it became the song of the Civil Rights movement . It truly is. There has been a lot of change that has happened since this song first came out- and still so much more that needs to happen. I didn't understand the lyrics much when I was younger...but now listening to it gives me goosebumps. 


If you don't know most of his music- you may be familiar with this classic that was memorably on Guardians of the Galaxy. I love this one 😁

Next up- Having a Party. Instant smile when I hear this one.....He has such a distinctive style and sound.

Cupid was another one I remember falling in love with in Elementary school.


This one is also another one that makes me smile. IDK what cha cha cha-ing is. It does sound fun though. 
Two legends in this clip- Jackie Wilson AND Sam Cooke. I can see why so many were crushing on Sam- he really was a handsome man.


Oooh, I love this one! Beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics. 


What's amazing about Sam is how much variety he could have...and make them hits! What a romantic song.....


I have two version of this song- Aretha's version and of course this one. I don't think I could pick a favorite.


This is what I mean with the variety....who can make a hit song about a chain gain? Only Sam.


Underrated song...but another fun one.


Classic Sam Cooke. This one makes me get up and do the "twist". 


I think this is the second most popular Cooke song. And a favorite from when I was a kid. It's in a lot of movies and every time I hear it, it's stuck in my head for at least a week.

I'm obviously a big Sam Cooke fan. I just love his music- if I'm ever feeling al little down, I know I can put my Sam playlist and I'll be grooving and smiling no time. 

Now I'm off to make a snack and sing What A Wonderful World endlessly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment