Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Summer Travel '24- Rotterdam/ US/ Ibiza, Spain

 I guess with the weather we are having now that summer is officially over. It's so chilly I almost need to turn on the heat, which is insane because it was just in the 80's and 90's last week. I've been sitting on this post because of laziness but I had a great summer. I got some travel in. I have one more trip for this year- going to London. And I should probably start planning that now. Or very soon.

But anyway...this summer I went to Rotterdam for the North Sea Jazz fest, I went to the states, and I went to Spain. All within about 5 weeks...so I was exhausted for a little while after. I think I am finally back to normal now.

So the Jazz Festival was a lot of fun. I only attended one day- mainly because I wanted to see Jazmine Sullivan. I missed Andre 3000 and Meshell Ndegeocello due to the airline placing me on stand-by after overbooking the flight. I probably won't fly that airline again- KLM if you wanna know.

I stayed in the same hotel as I did last time, which I think if I went next year I would definitely stay somewhere else just for a change. But I got there just in time for Jazmine and I loved every second of her performance. 


I also really enjoyed Masego. I abolsutely love a sax player and his performance and songs really did it for me. 


I did sit in for Tems for just a little bit but I couldn't really get into her music. And I also went to see Corinne Bailey Rae- I couldn't really get into her music though either and around her performance time I just started getting really exhausted with having woken up at around 7:30 a.m which is not normal for me so I ended up leaving.

Overall, I had a blast. Except the food. The food really wasn't that great last time so I just stuck with basic boring food- which was overpriced and still not great. 

I have a few more vids but I'm feeling lazy and don't really want to take the time to upload them.

The next day before flying out I visited the food market and got a duck burger. Which sounded like it should be amazing...but nah.






I also bought some way overpriced Stroopwaffles and brought home some cheese that all went bad because I went traveling to the states shortly after and forgot to freeze it

 I had an amazing time in the states. I didn't go out much...mostly just hung out with the family. I did visit Chic fila so I could bring some honey mustard back. Tried the family deal at Chedddars. And most importantly I did some gardening. My family has a successful garden- lots of watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, okra, basil, beans, corn, and just so much! I am so proud of them and it was fun touching the earth and eating fresh homegrown foods. My favorites were the cantaloupe and the fresh salad.

I did get some Jenni's icecream which has been on my list to try for years! They were interesting flavors for sure-I can't wait to go back and try more! Of the three my fave was the Brambleberry Crisp! 





I didn't try this...but wow.....




My Dad grew these onions...


We grilled some King Crab- I love King Crab. Going to get my hands on more next time I am in the states because YUM! And I also finally got to try King Salmon. Going to grab some of that too! 


My sister made this yummy sourdough 😍.

I took a lot more pics but they are mostly all on my Instagram and I am too lazy to visit the archives to get them. But I did have a blast...I wish I coulda went back longer.

Last place was Ibiza, Spain. Spain is always a beautiful place to visit. I know there are some tourist issues at the moment and I completely understand. I am not a fan of Air BNB either and I see how it destroys to rental/housing market. We didn't encounter any protests, which was good for us.

But yeah...the weather was gorgeous. The food is mostly amazing. I always have a good time whenever I visit. 
Looks like paradise...so beautiful. I already want to go back and wish I had stayed longer.

We went to this one low key spot and got burgers made with Avila meat. I almost never get burgers at restaurants but this was bomb and kept us full the whole day! 



This is one cocktail of a billion- I have found a LOVE for mojitos. In particular I love passionfruit mojito's. 

I also found the bravery to try Octopus. This was roasted and surprisingly good. I thought the texture was going to be gross and surprise, surprise...it was delicious. 





I also have found the bravery to wear my swimsuits and not care- so that's me photo bombing the beach.




I have a lot more pictures in the archives but...too lazy to grab them. I had a great time though. 

I'm so blessed and grateful for all the travel I have been able to do this summer and hope next summer is just as much fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment