Thursday, March 23, 2017

South of France Meditteranean Fig Soap Review




It seems I've been on a fig kick. Just last week I bought a bunch of dried figs and was in snack heaven. Like fig newtons-but I don't eat those ever since I learned in elementary school they allow a certain about of bugs in those cookies. I hope I didn't ruin figs for you. If I did, I'm sorry. Really, I am.

South of France claims:
  • Infused with the rich aroma of fresh-cut figs ripened in the salty Mediterranean air
  • Mass Balance Sustainable Palm Oil, Saponified Coconut Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Shea Butter, Natural Colorants, Blends of Natural and Essential Oils and Fragrance
So these soaps were on sale again, so I thought I would pick another up. Especially because I really loved the Orange Blossom soap. And fig just sounded good. But when I think about it, what do figs really smell like? I don't remember them having a scent. And there aren't very many fig scented products. I had Lush Figs and Leaves soap- but I don't think that was fig scented. Also a fig apricot scrub from Deep Steep that was amazing. And an Aveeno body wash that was Ok. But that was all.


The color is prettier than my camera wanted to pick up-sorry!

Anyway, this has a sort of unisex, hint of floral, hint of I don't know how to describe it but something weird. I'm not a big fan of the scent. It doesn't capture fig to me-whatever they smell like. It's just a blah, boring scent.

The soap itself is very pretty. One of my favorite shades of purple. And it cleans well, doesn't dry my skin too much, and lathers well. Also....it lasts a little longer since it is triple milled 

As always, natural, just like what I like to see in an ingredients list. I don't think they are scented with essential oils, but I do think they are more natural scented than some of the more artificial ones out there.


Ingredients: 
Mass balance sustainable palm oil, saponified coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, organic shea butter, natural colorants, blends of natural and essential oils and fragrance.
Free of Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl/ Laureth Sulfate, Parabens, EDTA, Animal By-Products, and Glutens.

Oh and although the name might lead you to believe these are made in France, they are made in the USA.

When it comes down to it, I would go for the Orange Blossom scent over this. The Orange Blossom is the best of the three I have tried so far. Get that...not this!

No comments:

Post a Comment