Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Natural Soaps to Avoid

So a couple of posts back, I shared some soaps that are at the top of my recommend list. And now....my list of soaps to avoid for one reason or another. Most of them would be because they smell terrible. A couple smell terrible and also left my skin tight, dry and itchy. So I would recommend avoiding those too. Just whatever you do, don't buy these!

Or do.

Let's get started. 


1. Sappo Hill Lavender Soap- For the longest time I wasn't a big fan of the scent of Lavender. Now it's kind of grown on me. Most natural lavender scented stuff you come across in the land of natural products smell pretty nice too. Except this. I don't know what kind of Lavender oil they use to scent this soap, but it smells really bad. It's not floral, it doesn't even smell like Lavender actually. I've wanted to try some other soaps by this company to see if I like them a little better than this, but I think back to the Lavender and it usually ends up back on the shelf. If you like Lavender soap I would recommend Biggs and Featherbelle Mama bar. They make a nice lavender. 


2. Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap- This is another one I was pretty excited to try. When I first got this soap, I really loved the scent. But the more I used it, the more I hated it. I'm not sure where it went wrong but it just became overwhelmingly perfume-y. I would recommend the Auromere Ayurvedic soaps instead of this. Just wasn't for me.



3.Zum Bar Frankincense Patchouli- I love patchouli anything. Or so I thought until I tried this soap. I don't remember what it smelled like exactly. I just remember I hated it. Maybe it was too masculine for me? I don't know. I just know that it's a combination to stay far away from. 


4. Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Soap- The color is gorgeous but the soap is a let down. I found most of this line to be really drying and the scents weren't that great. I think this was too bubble-gum like for me. This and the Energizing Shea Butter soaps were pretty much on the same level. They are the most widely available natural soaps, but they are best left on the shelf- at least the few I've tried!

I think that concludes the list! I wanted to include Soap Hope's Mandarin and Peppermint soaps but I think they are discontinued. And I had a couple from a random etsy store but I don't even think they are made anymore.

Not a bad list. I've used a ton of natural soaps in the past year or two and come across a lot that were just average, but not many I truly hated.

What's your least favorite soap? Let me know in the comments so that way I can avoid it too!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment