Sunday, November 15, 2015

Shea Moisture Lavender and Wild Orchid Shea Butter Soap with Calendula Flower Review



This is my fourth Shea Moisture soap and I am so tired of trying them out. This will definitely be the last one for awhile.

Shea Moisture claims:
Our hydrating bar soap is specially formulated with organic Shea Butter and nourishing Wild Orchid Extract to cleanse, moisturize and repair dry skin. Soothing Lavender helps to calm and heal minor skin irritations. Leaves skin soft and nurtured.

This soap annoys me. Why? Because I've bought it before. Only it was under another brand and called something completely different. It was called Nubian Heritage Shea Butter Soap with Lavender and Wildflowers. Same soap, almost identical ingredients. This one has added Calendula. If I had known I already used it before I would have never bought this one!


But I'm going to review it anyway. It's basically the same exact review. It smells kind of floral. I don't get any lavender or wild orchid. Just a general floral scent. It really reminds me of the Tone bars in terms of scent. I'm not a big fan of the scent. It's kind of...boring. Maybe if I was more of a floral girl? 

It lathers decently and cleans pretty well. But it leaves my skin kind of dry. Not as dry as some of the others in their line but noticeably dry. 

It's quite a large bar. I paid $2 for it, but the retail price is $4.99.  


Ingredients:
African Shea Butter*, Lavender Oil, Lavender Buds, Calendula Flower, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E, Soaps of Coconut & Palm, Iron Oxides *Certified Organic Ingredient

The only good thing about it is it's all natural and it's cruelty free. 

It wasn't for me when I bought it as the Nubian Heritage soap, and it's not for me in the Shea Moisture packaging.  Plus, I'm starting the question their "founding story". It just seems like a work of fiction someone created to sell more of the line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment