Thursday, August 27, 2020

Weleda Sage 12 hr Deodorant Review




I had another couple of days where I really meant to post but I had just reached exhaustion. I've been getting in my workouts as planned- 5 last week and 2 this week with a few Dance Central sessions. Yesterday's workout was especially challenging. I was so close to not doing it...but somewhere found the motivation to get it done. All the while switching to a natural deodorant. Again. And Unsuccessfully.

Weleda claims:
Sage, rosemary and lavender essential oils come together to work with your body’s own detoxifying process to keep you feeling fresh and clean.
Where ordinary deodorants clog your pores and work against your body’s own detoxifying process, Weleda’s Sage 12H Deodorant works in harmony with your body letting your body breathe. In recyclable glass bottles, our deodorants all use non-aerosol pump sprays, with no aluminum salts or other antiperspirant minerals, we promise you freshness.

Made in Switzerland


If I use this in cool conditions...I get maybe 5 hours. Sometimes a little longer. Nowhere near 12 hours.
And if I'm working out. Forget about it.

The only good news...is that I do sweat less...just the sweat isn't fresh. 

I thought I liked the smell of sage. I've had a few soaps/essential oils with Sage that I loved. This for some reason is so strong, I feel like i'm choking on it. I don't think it's the sage, maybe other ingredients. 

Anyway..for the price I was disappointed. I did successfully switch a few years ago but ruined it by going back to the commercial stuff. And I just haven't had the patience to try to go back again. But since I'm working from home...might as well.


Anyway..this didn't work out. But I might still try to citrus or the roll on. Or a DIY.

Ingredients:
Alchohol, Water, Triethy Citrate, Perfume, Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate, Sage Oil, Ammonium Glycyrrihizate, Limineme, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Coumarin

Anyway...not something I would recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment