Monday, September 27, 2021

Make Up I've Used Up That I Still Miss

 

via GIPHY

I thought this might be a fun post to do because I wasn't thinking about a color I used up that I really, really missed. And realized there are a few things I've used up over the years that I kinda miss. Which doesn't happen too much because there is almost always something out there you can replace it with or find another favorite. Except...for these I didn't.

So let's get started.

1. L'oreal HIP Intrepid Pigment- I remember exactly when I bought this, it was my freshmen year Christmas break. I was home for the holidays and in need of a little makeup. Back then I kept my collection small.  I maybe had one little 3 shadow palette...from Wet N Wild. I really wanted something from the L'oreal HIP line and picked up the Intrepid, not really even knowing what it was going to look like. It was a dark brown with a green shift...and looking at it, I didn't expect I would love it as much as I did until I began wearing it. I applied it with some Visine- cheap alternative to MAC Fix+ and it was my one and done. I wore it out clubbing a lot. It was overpriced for the amount you got, but somehow worth it. I found out it was dupe for MAC Club much later, but I never picked that up. I do want to pick up MAC Blue Brown pigment one of these days which is supposed to be the same thing. There are many more dupes of this shade, but somehow I've never happened to get one in the many palettes I have.



2. L'oreal HIP Foundation- Admittedly this foundation was way too red and dark on my skin, but I loved the way it looked on me anyway. The wear time was also pretty terrible. I think I miss it so much because of how it photographed. It had SPF in it but no flashback. It just looked so nice on my skin! I bought a bottle years later on Ebay but it was extra old and caused breakouts. I wish they would bring it back- just make a little longer wearing. But the shade range was excellent-especially for dark/deep/ethnic skin tones. 

 I was wearing it in the picture above.


3. L'oreal HIP Duo in Showy- I read somewhere the light blue shade was supposed to be a dupe of MAC Parrot eyeshadow. This was the duo that made me fall in love with blue shadow. The navy sucked. But almost all navy shadows do. The light blue was gorgeous though. I didn't want to use it up...and I still miss it today! Clearly, I really loved the HIP line, I think it was ahead of it's time and maybe a bit overpriced for drugstore, but so much of it was great.


4. Urban Decay Smog Eyeshadow- This one I could re-buy if I wanted but I have so many bronze-y brown shimmers that can work as an everyday shade, I just can't justify it at the moment. But of all the colors in the original Naked palette, I was most sad to use this one up. It was my go to for everyday. It just worked. Perfect Work shade too! 

5. Covergirl Queen Ebony Bronzer- I should have bought a back up of this while I could have. Covergirl Queen is gone now but I loved this reddish bronzer. It could look a little like red stripes but for some reason I found it really flattering. Wish they would bring this one back! It helped me balance a lot of foundations that were too yellow and light for more and make my skin just look better overall.


And....I think that's all actually. Now I am off to finish watching The Sixth Sense. We watched a thriller that kinda reminded me of it last night and I haven't seen it in years now, so figured I would watch again. It is one of the best psychological thriller movies after all. 




via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment