Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sugarpill Fun Size Too (Swatches and First Impressions on Dark Skin)


 

I bought this a few months ago, so not sure if it still qualifies as first impressions but I know I haven't used it enough to review. It was an impulse purchase, I love brights and was excited to see them in tones I don't have in my collection. Now I'm back to being on a no buy after all the shadows I bought last year. The goal is to finish up at least 10 before I buy anymore. So far, I've got one down!


So here goes...


Power Up- I have been searching for a mustardy bright yellow forever. This isn't it, it's not perfect quality. Yellows are hard to make I hear. But it's closer than anything I have in my collection. It makes me so curious to try out their Butter Cupcake yellow. It needs a primer. For sure. But it builds up very nicely and is only slightly patchy. It doesn't blend itself away into nothing like so many other yellow shades I've tried. The shade of yellow isn't that exciting or flattering on me though. It's a very pastel yellow.

Grind- Grind is not super pigmented but it is slowly buildable. It's like a murky muted lime green. Very unique. I like it.

Button Mash- This is a beautiful green. I thought it might be a dupe for another green in my collection that I love, but not quite. It's has medium pigmentation. It seemed to fade quickly so a great primer is necessary. The other shade similar to this in my collection fades quickly too. I think it's just the nature of this type of color. Doesn't swatch the best but looks so beautiful and vibrant on the eye. Pairs nicely with a chartreuse/lime green look.


Loading-Coral. Or almost. This is  bright, bright. I love it! I think this leans a little more orange than MAC Coral which is my perfect coral. But this one is very pretty. Very pigmented...a teeny tiny bit patchy but may have been due to type of brush I used.

Elixir- A powder blue that is kinda reminiscent of the 50's. This has less white base to it, which makes it go on perfectly for me! Love this super unique blue. Needs a good primer, otherwise it might crease. Application is flawless though! 

 Final Boss- I was surprised I didn't have any similar purple in my collection. Purples are really hard to get right, so many of them look grey and lose vibrancy on my complexion. Not this one! It's noticeably purple. A very interesting one at that. No issues with patchiness, application is flawless.


Player Two- Player Two looks like a deeper and even more orange kinda coral. I love this shade, working with it was nice, went on a little translucent but even and buildable. I think it will end up being a favorite for me. Wore today with straight up red in the crease and it came out pretty.

Double Jump- Helloooo Bubble Gum pink in an eyeshadow. I have a lot of pink eyeshadow but none exactly like this. It can go on a little toned down for how it appears in the pan. Pair it with a brighter neon pink and I am good to go! 

Critical Hit- This once was slightly disappointing because I love the color on the pan but it goes on hot pink on me. I wanted more of that fun purple tone to come out. Other than that the quality is really nice, can fade a bit. Use a good primer.

Overall, I'm really loving these colors and the palette so far! Can't wait to wear it more....



No comments:

Post a Comment