Monday, August 8, 2022

J.R. Watkins Coconut and Honey Hand Cream Review


 I feel like I'm starting a mini collection of hand creams, which is good because lately my hands have been drier and drier. I hate when my hands are dry....

J.R. Watkins claims:

Our hand cream nourishes and hydrates hands to leave them feeling soft and smooth. Made with shea butter, cocoa butter, and avocado oil. 

Made in USA

I'm not sure the formula of this is stable, which is why I am trying to use it up as quickly as possible. I have the little sampler size and when I opened the little container it was all separated. There was a chunk of something- maybe Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter, and liquid. Whatever they used to emulsify it isn't working. Either that or it's older and past expiration. 

I'm not sure. Since it's such a small amount I have been trying to stir and pound it back together and use it anyway. First thing I noticed was the fruity scent. It smells nice..not what I was expecting when I was thinking Coconut and Honey but it is a nice happy, uplifting scent. Doesn't stick around long though. 

Surprisingly it is pretty hydrating without being greasy. I wouldn't say it's all day moisture but good for something light that you can re-apply without issue through out the day. I like it! 

I also like that it's not full of mineral oil, petrolatum, silicones and other cheapie ingredients that do nothing but feel heavy and greasy on the skin. 

Ingredients:

Water/aqua/eau, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glyceryl stearate SE, stearic acid, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, cetearyl alcohol, fragrance/parfum*, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, Orbignya oleifera seed oil, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium behenoyl lactylate, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, allantoin, panthenol, glycerin, honey extract/mel/extrait de miel, Carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Calendula officinalis flower extract, Chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, Tilia cordata flower extract, Centaurea cyanus flower extract, Anthemis nobilis flower extract, Hypericum perforatum extract, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, citric acid, sodium hydroxide *100% natural fragrance / Parfum 100 % naturel

I'm curious about the full size...does it have separation issues? Not sure... I do like it and kinda recommend it. Sort of. Maybe not.  List price is fair at 8.99 per tube. The reviews on Amazon seem to indicate most people got an intact product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment