Sunday, September 22, 2024

OPI A Grape Fit Nail Polish Review

 I can't wait for tomorrow night, I got a lot done today including putting a golden color wax in my hair. I already did the purple one a few weeks back and loved it...but I'm most curious about this golden color. It looks like it will give me a pass bronze hair color. I used my in a twist out which always dilutes the color so I think it will be more wearable. But in the meantime, nail polish. I'm still trying to get through reviewing all my colors. I don't have a lot to get through but it's taking longer than I thought.

OPI claims:

Grape-toned purple 

I love purple nail polish- but it's hard for me to find one that pops on my skintone. I can't find this one on the website- so I guess it's discontinued.But it was a long time permanent shade. It's originally from the 2009 Summer Bright collection...and I guess it was so popular they made it a permanent shade for a couple of years.

Although it was part of the summer bright collection- I find it muted...but maybe it's because my skin tone just doesn't bring out purples unless it's a pastel type purple. It just doesn't stand out enough...unless I am in direct sunlight or taking a picture of it. In person it's just so boring and with regular lighting seems a bit more grey toned. In person it is quite the snooze.

The quality it nice though. I've had this color for years and years and it goes on so easily and smoothly. I just painted this hand in the dark basically and it still looks ok.  The brush is easy to use....it's a nice quality polish. Wear time depends on your top coat. I usually get almost two days of chip free wear- with a nice top coat I think I could get up to three. But my nails don't hold polish well. I like to change my color often anyway so it doesn't bother me. 

It does look pretty in the picture though....

I can see it looking nice on other people...but it's not my favorite. It might even be my least favorite in my collection....I should probably give it to my sister. Things that don't look nice on my tend to look great on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment