Tuesday, August 14, 2018

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Martinique Review


I bought this around the time that Rihanna's Fenty Beauty line dropped. I was trying to wait for her to restock the darker shades but I ran out of foundation and couldn't wait any longer. Plus I had a gift card I really needed to use. And Sephora was having their 20% sale. So I swatched  nearly everything in the store and looked for something I could take home. But I couldn't seem to find my shade in anything I wanted to try. And I really wanted something nice and light and easy to throw on. So I ended up with this.

NARS claims:

    A lightweight tinted moisturizer that evens skin tone and provides a translucent veil of protection. 

    Infused with lush, naturally-derived ingredients, this lightweight tinted moisturizer immediately 
    helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. It has been proven to help reduce the appearance of 
    discoloration and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation for a clearer and brighter 
    complexion in as little  as four weeks. Oil-free and luxurious, it obscures the appearance of 
    lines, wrinkles, pores, and other imperfections while broad spectrum SPF 30 protects skin. 

    Natural polysaccharides from Moorea Island in French Polynesia hydrate, condition, and help 
     support natural cell renewal. Mineral-rich seawater uniquely revitalizes and adds key minerals
     back into the skin.Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 helps improve
     skin’s overall condition. Soft and smooth to the touch, skin looks natural and glowing.
     This oil-free, dermatologist-tested product is free of synthetic fragrances and is 
    noncomedogenic. 


Research results:
- 84% felt their skin was more radiant and luminous
- 81% felt the product smoothed out the surface of their skin
- 81% felt the product gave them immediate hydration

It has about 12 shades. I picked up the second darkest shade. Which isn't that dark. But the next deepest shade (Polynesia) looked too deep for me. They really need a shade in between those shades. I figured I could get away with it by adding bronzer in the Summer and it matches a little closer in the winter time. The shade range is not too bad but its not the best either. I think the colors are a little strange too. But after you blend it in, it's OK. But just OK.


It has SPF. But sun protection is not really something I look for in a foundation type of product. Mostly because you would have to apply it every two hours and I would never reapply it like that. If you need the extra protection I guess it could work, but for me..I don't really care for SPF in a foundation type product.

It also claims skincare benefits which is another thing I don't look for in my foundations. As long as it's not messing up my skin, I'm good. I look for skincare benefits from my skincare. 

As for coverage...it's pretty sheer. And buildable. It does provide a more even skintone, that looks pretty natural. And it is buildable without looking caky.The finish is quite radiant. A little too radiant for my skin, which is why I prefer to set with powder. I think those with dry skin would find the extra radiance pretty nice though. My oily/combination skin could probably do with a more matte finish.

I don't mind the coverage too much where I have minor pigmentation on my face. But I have some pretty deep dark pigmentation on my chin (I'm always touching my chin and it stays breaking out which leaves horrible scars) and this doesn't cover it hardly at all. And it does it seems to wear off my chin area in about 20 minutes but oddly stays on the rest of my face pretty well. But I guess that's what concealer is for. Also setting with powder doesn't help it to last longer.

For application, I tend to apply it exactly as is shown in the video. A brush works. But applying with hands is pretty easy and means I don't have a brush to clean later on in the day. 



I find NARS foundations aren't very long lasting in general on my skin. And I'm generally a fan of the longer lasting foundations and expected this to last a little longer. Especially at a price point of $45. You do get 1.7 ounces of product through, which is much better bang for your buck than the standard one ounce size.

Overall, I like it. I don't love it. And probably wouldn't repurchase.

Rocking it in some natural lgiht. Looks pretty pretty natural. 

Have you tried it? What were your thoughts?

I do see NARS has a new long lasting foundation and I kind of want to try that once I get through this, but I really need to start branching out and stop buying the same brands all the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment