Sunday, August 19, 2018

Urban Decay Sheer Shame Sheer Revolution Lipstick Review



     Another quick review today, I have a lot to do. Including baking some kinda bread because I was in the bread aisle and at the bakery the other day and managed to not buy any . I even asked myself "Do you need to buy bread?" and answered myself with a very confident no. And it turns out I need some for tomorrow. So let's jump right in.

Urban Decay claims:
Sheer dusty rose. 
The best of both worlds, Sheer Revolution Lipstick is everything you love about the original Revolution Lipstick—with a sheer, shiny finish. Every shade has a rich, creamy feel and a gorgeous, high-shine finish. Wait until you apply Sheer Revolution Lipstick for the first time—it feels amazing! Like our original formula, this sheer version hugs your lips and has a buttery-smooth application without feeling like it’s going to slide off. 

Our Pigment Infusion System™ gives Sheer Revolution Lipstick its super creamy texture, superior color dispersion and extended wear. The formula is laced with Maxi-Lip™ (which defines and hydrates lips while making them look plumper and fuller), along with a nourishing blend of oils and antioxidants. Shea butter and jojoba, olive and babassu oils moisturize and condition, while vitamin C and vitamin E provide a hit of antioxidants. 

Unlike a traditional bullet, Sheer Revolution Lipstick comes in a trimline-style component that supports its soft, creamy formula and prevents breakage while providing full-lip coverage in a single swipe. 


I got this in one of the Vice lipstick palettes from one of my best friends. It's been a long time since I've had a lipstick palette so I was super excited to try all the colors. First one...Sheer Shame. 

So right off the bat, I hate sheer lipsticks. They look good on some people. I'm just not a fan of them on me. But I'm open to changing my mind if the right color comes around. Unfortunately, this is just not the right color. Sheer burgundy or berry colors just look really boring on me and I can never find the right makeup colors to really compliment it. 

It's also sheer and kinda glossy which means it really doesn't last long. If you have the stick version, it's easy to reapply, not so much in palette form. Another bonus of the glossy, sheer formula is that it's not drying so if you have lips on the drier side, these are a much better option than some of the matte lip shades. 

So this particular one didn't really do it for me. But I did google and saw some people that this color looked beautiful on.

The sheer revolution shades are $10 on the Urban Decay site at the moment, so if you are drawn to the sheer ones it might be worth checking out. 

Random:
The Lorac Megapro is on sale for $35. I've wanted to try Lorac shadows for a minute now. But I really, really don't need any new shadows. I wish I did though, I prolly would have ordered this in a heartbeat. 





No comments:

Post a Comment