Monday, September 17, 2018

Urban Decay Firebird Lipstick Review



I'm definitely an eyeshadow girl. Most times I would prefer to wear a popping' color on my eyes instead of a focal lip color. But lately I'm more into rotating. So maybe two days of fun colored eyes and then a day with a red or bright fuchsia or something like that. 

This color is perfect for those days. I believe it came out with the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay collection- which I thought was boring outside of the lipsticks. Not long after, they released the VICE lipsticks and this color became a permanent shade. And I'm so happy it did.  Because it is gorgeous.

Urban Decay claims:
Prepare to get hooked. Vice Lipstick comes in a massive lineup of 135 addictive shades and six indulgent finishes—our biggest lineup yet! 


Our shade range has it all: Bold brights. Dark, sexy shades. Super-versatile neutrals. With so much variety it’ll make your head spin, there’s something for everyone—from new shades to cult favorites you thought you’d never see again. Several shades were inspired by some of our other lip products (and even our Eyeshadows and Eye Pencils!).

It almost reminds me of an old NYC color, but this is more vibrant. It's a cool fuschia purple with an almost blue toned shift to it.

The color is super pigmented and creamy. And also pretty long lasting on me. As long as I don't eat anything greasy I can wear it the whole workday..and a couple hours after. Also since it's staining, it wears away nicely. I  apply a thin layer-blot- another thin layer- blot, and one last layer. That's the method I apply almost all my lipsticks because I find I get the most out of them that way.

I got mine as gift in a VICE lipstick holiday palette...and it's my favorite shade. Once I run out I would repurchase after I use some of my other lipsticks up a little more.

The full size retails for $18 and you get .11 ounces.

Random:
For some reason I can't get enough of this song. I love the original but I can't find a live version, and Chante rocked this tribute so I figured I would post it. The lyrics are just so beautiful...



No comments:

Post a Comment