Sunday, September 23, 2018

Caress Love Forever Body Wash Review


Since I had switched to more natural soaps, I kind of forgot about most mainstream brands. But back in the day I do remember trying quite a few body washes from Caress. The one I remember the most was Evenly Gorgeous and how rich and expensive it smelled. It's not something I would buy for myself, but I would use a bottle for free. I found this in the bottom cabinet and decided to just go ahead and use it up.

Caress claims:
Lather luxuriously with Caress® Love Forever™, a must have body wash that gently cleanses and releases bursts of fragrance that lasts for up to 12 hours.


First thing I noticed on the website- it's an Allure beauty winner. So people must have really liked it. 

The scent is very "caress" smelling. It almost smells like something I've used before but I know for a fact I've never used this particular scent before. It smells rich and expensive. Kinda fruity and rich. As for the claims of lasting 12 hours....nah. I don't even think I can smell it past a shower. It used to stick to my wrists a little bit but not anymore. I don't really expect my shower gel to stick to me for 12 hours though. That's what perfume is for. Nice concept though.

The color was definitely shocking. I've never seen a red shower gel. And to be honest...I would rather not have a red shower gel. It tinges the water pink. I guess maybe some people would like it...


It lathers great. Cleans nicely. Rinses easily. It leaves my skin a little bit dry though. None of that softness that was left behind like when I was using the NIVEA Creme Soft.

As for ingredients- I don't think there is anything in it that is actually good for your skin....


Ingredients:
WATER/AGUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, FRAGRANCE/FRAGANCIA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, COCAMIDE MEA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, POLYURETHANE CROSSPOLYMER-2, CITRIC ACID, PPG-9, TETRASODIUM EDTA, MICA, UREA, ACRYLAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE/ACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), BLUE 1 (CI 42090).



Overall, if you like Caress scents, you would probably love this. It smells like it costs ways more than just the three bucks it will run you. And I'm sure you could get it cheaper with coupons.

Random:
I finally got Just Dance 2018. And it has been keeping me happily occupied- but I'm still waiting for them to drop 2019. I'm so happy they continue to make them and release on the old platforms too. I hope they never stop!




No comments:

Post a Comment