Monday, October 29, 2018

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Review


I've always wanted something with the brand name Chanel. But I wasn't quite ready to pay Chanel prices- I might not ever be. I got this perfume for free from my Grandma's collection of perfumes when we cleaned out her house. I think my Mom found it and she didn't want to keep it for herself so she gave it to me. Apparently it's one of my Grandma's favorite perfume. I never knew that. But she absolutely loves it. The 3.4 ounce bottle retails for $130. Quite expensive. So I'm super happy I was able to get it free.


Chanel claims:
Irresistibly sexy, irrepressibly spirited. A sparkling Oriental fragrance that recalls a daring young Coco Chanel. An absolutely modern composition with a strong yet surprisingly fresh character.

COMPOSITION

Sparks of fresh and vibrant Orange immediately awaken the senses. A clear and sensual heart reveals the transparent accords of Grasse Jasmine and May Rose. The scent finally unfurls with the vibrant accents of Patchouli and Vetiver.

ART OF PERFUMING

COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau de Parfum comes in a spray for easy application on skin or clothing.


First things first- I have no idea how old the bottle is. I did try to plug it into the Cosmetic Calculator. Supposedly it was made in 2014. Which could be accurate. However I'm not sure and it's entirely possible that it could be older since the codes are recycled every couple of years or so. 

First couple of times I used it I really didn't like it much.However, it has definitely grown on me. The only note I can really pick out is Patchouli. But I don't think it's Patchouli heavy. I'm just not good at picking out notes. After reading the notes...I can pick up Jasmine. Maybe some Rose. And I have no idea bout Vetiver so I couldn't tell you if it was there or not.

I do like it. I think it's a very likable scent. And who knows, maybe by the end of the bottle I will love it?

The only problem I have is that it really does not last. At all. I don't even think I can pick it up two hours after applying. Which is shameful for a $130 bottle of perfume. 

But maybe my bottle is just old?

The bottle is nothing special. But since it's says Chanel I will probably keep it forever. 


Random: I'm saving my coins for this Onyx/Rose Gold ring from Tiffany's. Which is another thing I'm looking forward to keeping forever. Isn't it beautiful? I'm thinking of getting it for myself for Christmas- but it is a big chunk of money.   


I also love this ring, but the price......I think if I ever got married it's what I want for an engagement ring. It's spinel and rose gold. Tiffany's has some beautiful stuff! 


No comments:

Post a Comment