Sunday, October 14, 2018

Dove Pampering Almond Creme with Hibiscus Body Wash (Bubble Bath) Review


I usually have so much to say in the little "ontro" of my posts. But...I don't know. I just really don't have anything to blab about so I'll jump right into the review.

Dove claims:

Purely Pampering Almond Cream with Hibiscus Body Wash

Pamper yourself with this soothing almond cream and hibiscus body wash that leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.


I come from a long line of Dove users. My grandmothers always had Dove. Endless supplies of Dove. And then growing up my parents always had/have Dove too. I just always wanted to try something outside of boring old Dove. That was back then when they only had the Rose, Sensitive, and White. Now they have so many different scents. I don't try them out because I prefer more natural soaps. Which I ordered quite a bit of, but they haven't come in yet. So in the meantime I'm using this because I found it in the bathroom.

So...I don't like it.

The scent is not bad. But it's not great either. It's just super forgettable. It doesn't smell much like Almonds. And I don't know what hibiscus smells like. It just smells exactly like a variety of Dove. It's a soft scent- so I don't think it's offensive or that people will dislike it. I just don't particularly like it myself.

It's liquidy- but it doesn't lather much. Or what I get when I use a lot just seems to disappear quickly. Also...I don't feel super clean after using it. That's the main thing I don't like about it. 


And it leaves my skin super dry My elbows, knees, and legs are crying out for moisture. Which I don't always put on because laziness.

It does have some good ingredients. But overall, too many unrecognizable things.


Ingredients:Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Acrylates Copolymer, Citric acid, Glucose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentylene Glycol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract, Sodium benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, CI 17200, CI 19140

So....I don't like it. And don't recommend it. Also, won't be trying other varieties. Sorry Dove!


Actually....I think this is bubble bath. So I may have to use the rest in the bath tub lol
It's a German label. That's my official excuse. Also, when did Dove start making bubble bath? I will come back and update it once I try it out a couple times!




No comments:

Post a Comment