Sunday, October 14, 2018

Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken

I almost thought I was going to have to stop pulling recipes from Food Network. Mostly because I can only access the UK site and I thought all the measurements would be a little difficult to figure out. I am noticing a lot of time now that the videos that play will be completely different from the written recipe. Which I kinda hate... 

Anyway.

I'm starting to roast whole chickens a lot more often it seems. Roasting chicken is easy. I followed the recipe that was written a little more. I would prolly follow the vid more next time.. But I probably won't make it again to be honest.



It was easy. The flavors were great. It's just it didn't travel to the outside meat of the chicken as well. Which it probably would have if there was some lemons and thyme tucked up under the skin. The garlic flavor didn't really come through that well for me either.


And I did buy a bottle of wine to make the gravy. Which didn't come out at all for me. I'm not good at making gravy and the recipe as written probably could have been better. Placing the extra lemon and garlic in the pan was a big waste of the lemons and garlic.

The wine was good though. Although, I'm not much of a wine drinker. It was a chardonnay from South Africa.

I wouldn't make this recipe again- however I have made another version of Lemon Thyme chicken that was nice with the leftover herb. . I do like Thyme in chicken I did find out though. Fresh Thyme preferably.

Almost forgot...click here for the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment