Monday, October 15, 2018

Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Mascara Review



I thought since I live in Germany again I would try more things you can get in stores locally. And I'm starting with Essence. Although you can get Essence in a couple different stores in the US. I remember seeing it in K-Mart. And I know they are available a couple other places.

Essense claims:
Essence Get Big! Lashes Mascara. Good things may come in small packages, but bigger is always better when it comes to lashes. Available in the original and waterproof formulas, with the option of two different brushes, this mascara from Essence will make batting your lashes a breeze.
Made in Luxembourg 


As I was browsing I noticed a lot of drugstore brands are make in Italy. And only a handful of things are actually made in China. Which is interesting to me. This one is made in Luxembourg. Not a lot of stuff was made there and it was cheap enough so I figured I would try it.

First thing I noticed is it's a large, fat tube. That feels quite light when you pick up. But it does have quite a bit of product in it. It's just since the tube is so big it almost seems empty.

It's a natural brush. I prefer natural brushes. It's quite large too, but I don't find myself making a big mess on my lid as I have with other mascaras.

It doesn't give super volume or length. It's very average. And it doesn't give as much lift, which I think could make my lashes look more voluminous. It wears OK. Definitely not the longest wearing as at the end of my day I do notice it has wilted a bit. 
I was playing around with yellow eyeshadow. But I don't really like this look. Ah well! Also- don't poke yourself in the eye with it like I did. This stuff stings really bad and if your eye tears it runs all over the place...

It claims to be anti-clump. And I would have to agree. It tend to pile it on though so my lashes do stick together after a billion coats.  A normal application, which is what I do in a rush - is not clumpy.

It's just very average. Not terrible. not great. But I do have short lashes. I think it might be a good everyday mascara for those already blessed with nice lashes and just want a little extra volume or darkness.

They do have some other mascaras I'm  interested in trying. And once I use up most of this massive tube, I will probably throw it out and try something else.


Have you tried anything from Essence brand? What are you favorites? 


No comments:

Post a Comment