Tuesday, October 9, 2018

H-Town


I was reading something interesting a couple months ago. It was basically someone trying to explain where R&B went wrong. It just hasn't been the same since the 90's. I mean...there are a couple songs here and there but the majority of singers just can't blow like they used to. The reason? Our R&B singers aren't coming out the church back in the day. You can't hit wrong notes in the church without getting clowned. It teaches stage presence. And style.

I didn't mean to rant. Especially because I have no idea if H-Town came out the church. All I know is Dino could blow. His voice was beautiful. The other two in the group and laughably bad voices. I love the group anyway...

So...first off. That dance. I've tried it myself. I always laugh uncontrollably at the boot stomp. And I think I've seen every performance. And Dino refuses to sing "Last Night." It's always..."La Night." Haha. Knocking the Boots is my jam though.



I also LOVE A thin line Between Love and Hate. First..it's on of m favorite movies. Normally I stick with originals. But this remake is perfect. I have both versions in my iTunes playlists. I love how Shirley pops out.



And last but not least Part Time Lover. There they go stomping those big boots again.



I love the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment