Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

Taking it back to some oldies. Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. A group I really like. And somehow missed that Teddy Pendergrass was in. And he did a lot of the singing. It's kind of puzzling how the group is not called Teddy Pendergrass and the Blue notes. 


Probably one of their most well known song If You Don't Know Me By Now. My song. I have no idea if this is live or not. I don't think it is but the other one they had was slowed way down. And I think the tempo they recorded at is perfect!





So..I think I lied about my favorite Harold Melvin etc group song. It's definitely Hope That We Can Be Together Soon. If I had a duets playlist...this is one that would be towards the top. I LOVE this song. I don't really know who Sharon Paige is but she SANG on that track.



And then one I'm sure everyone in my age group knows because a bunch of celebs sang the song for charity. I had no idea it was a re-make until a couple years ago. Beautiful Lyrics. And always relevant.



Honorable Mention: Today's Your Lucky Day. I love that song. Not released as a single but definitely worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment