Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich

This is probably one of the easiest new recipes I've ever tried. And usually I complicate it a bit by making my own bread but I didn't really feel like doing that. 

I am glad I ran across this recipe though. I have not had a grilled cheese sandwich in years- ever since I stopped eating Kraft American Cheese Singles. It's not real cheese but I love it in a grilled cheese sandwich. Otherwise it's kinda nasty.

Whenever I think of a grilled cheese, I think back to the many hours I would play The Sims. You could create a Sim whose only goal, aspiration, and thoughts were grilled cheese sandwiches. I kinda get it. They can be pretty good. 


This grilled cheese was not the best I've had in my life. But it was good. I couldn't help but think it might have been better with Mozzarella. The fresh stuff. 

Cook some tomatoes.


Shred some cheese.
Add some fresh basil! My favorite- I made homemade pizza with the leftovers!


Toast the sandwich and melt the cheese and.....

Served with a bunch of cauliflower. 

Check the recipe yourself here!

Random:

I love this months cover!  

No comments:

Post a Comment