Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Zum Bar Oatmeal-Lavender Goat Milk Soap Review



I think I have one more post in me before I need an emergency nap/sleep. Then I'll probably come back and write a couple more posts. Although I do feel a sudden burst of energy. I'm listening my way through the Mariah Carey discography. And somehow I know most of her early albums. I don't know how but I actually know lyrics. What's super impressive is seeing how much of songs she has written. Anyway-

Zum claims:
Everyone knows the words to this Zum Bar. Amped up flowery aroma with ample lavender combines with oatmeal on lead exfoliation. 

I'm back to using up my Zum Bars and quickly going through my stash. I really wish the soaps lasted longer. Especially for the price.

So this one is Oatmeal Lavender. For some reason I don't really go for Lavender first. Almost every other scent intrigues me way more than Lavender. I guess I think it's boring. Which this can be. There are definitely different qualities  of Lavender scents- I've come across some horrible ones when it comes to soap. There was an Aveeno Shower Gel, Jason shower gel, and Sappo Soap Bar that are on the list when I think of horrible smelling Lavender soaps. This is a nice one that smells pretty true to Lavender Essential oil. I really like the scent.

It does have oatmeal in it. Kind of reminds me of the porridge soap from Lush-but they are really different. There is some visual oatmeal on top that can scrub-but also there is something throughout the bar. It's pretty gentle though. 

The lather is nice. Gets you nice and clean. However my skin is a little drier than usual. Some days I NEED lotion because I can see the ash on my skin.

This bars super power lies in how soothing it is for irritated skin. I was trying to do the natural deodorant thing and use baking soda and it really irritates my skin. This helped more than I can tell you in the course of ONE day. I would highly recommend it for irritated skin.

As always I hate that they don't seem to post a full ingredient list. I don't think it would hurt to list the essential oils used. It doesn't stop me from buying and using them, however.

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with oatmeal and essential oils. Enjoy!

I highly recommend it to Lavender lovers. And also people with any sort of skin irritation. Just be sure to keep the moisturizer handy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment