Thursday, May 16, 2019

Zum Bar Grapefruit Goat's Milk Soap Review


I love Grapefruit. I can eat four in one sitting. When I was in college and could buy a bag super cheap, I often did that. I love to eat grapefruit...and I also love Grapefruit body care products. The scent is just so uplifting and really helps wake you up. Back in the day when I bought things without paying too much to the ingredients I loved the Neutrogena Grapefruit Face Wash. I think they still make it. 

Zum claims:
Stay woke with this bittersweet bar that awakens in the punchiest of citrus. Grapefruit may help tighten and tone skin, while lifting your mood.

The bar itself is a cute deep pink bar with white swirls. Mine didn't have too many swirls but that's OK. It was so pink, it even makes pink tinged lather which is kind of fun. 


When I first opened the soap and took it out of it's little baggie, I was very disappointed in the scent. You could barely smell it. Luckily it changed in the shower, but it still wasn't the zesty grapefruit punch I wanted it to be. It was more subdued, the way you would expect a grapefruit tea to smell. The scent wasn't consistent either, sometimes I would catch a whiff of it and that was it. I think that's the nature of citrus oils in cold processed soaps as I experienced almost the same with the Lemon Lavender Bar. But I would pick this over that one.

The lather is nice. Rich, thick, and cleansing.

But drying. I had dry patches and cracked skin. As my skin got used to it, it was a little better but I don't think I've seen my skin so dry in quite awhile. 

As always...ingredients are nice. Goat Milk, plant oils, essential oils....

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with essential oils and mineral pigments. Enjoy!

Overall, I was kind of disappointed. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next soap which is the Honey Lavender.


No comments:

Post a Comment