Thursday, June 20, 2019

J Cole

I don't really listen to the Hip Hop of today. Most of the stuff they play commercially is garbage. It really is. So I stick to the oldies. Stuff from  The Golden Era of Hip Hop. And J Cole. I've come to learn my favorite hip hop songs either tell a story or are heavily jazz influenced.  Of course there are exceptions. 

The first song I heard from J Cole was Lost Ones. He definitely tells a story in that song and he makes you think about a situation that occurs way more often then it should. After watching/listening to this song I was hooked and had to hear more. 



Lights Please is one my Cole playlist. I heard it a couple of times without really listening to the lyrics.
When I did... playlist instantly.



Crooked Smile might be my absolute favorite by J Cole. The lyrics just speak to me. I often get stuck on the song and repeat, repeat, repeat, and repeat again. It's a great song to boost self-esteem.



Power Trip...



I think everybody knows Can't Get Enough.



Other Favorites-
Sideline Story

I think he's had a couple of albums come out that I missed listening to. I need to get on it. I probably won't post any other contemporary rap/hip hop artists ...they all are starting to sound the same anyway. J Cole is it...


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment