Thursday, November 7, 2019

Jamie Foxx


I made it to the weekend..which I'm happy about because it's been a lonnnng week. But I'm about to have a great weekend so it all balances out.

Back in the day my parents used to watch the Jamie Foxx show...it was way before he got big when he played in the Ray Charles movie. I heard a couple clips of him singing....so I wasn't surprised when he dropped his first album. Which was actually pretty good. They played his first album so much...I was kinda surprised at how universally ignored the second album was. 

I still have a decent Jamie playlist though.

First let's talk about Do What It Do. My freshman year I had a friend that introduced me to Open Mic Spoken Word edition. We used to walk over the bridge to Mary Helen's every now and again and she would perform. She was really talented.  One night, there was a guy (one of the most attractive guys I had seen in my life...at least at that time) and he sang this. And I swear he was looking at our table when he was singing or at least I thought. Anyway...fast forward a year and I met him and we ended up talking. That was my sophomore year. His name was Patrick. But as fine as he was he didn't have much personality. He was always high. And he was older than me, but had no job and still slept on his mama's couch. He did have a car though.  We started talking again my junior year but I ultimately he was too boring for me so I passed his number on to my friend. He really was fine though. I wonder what he look like now...



I had a friend in college that put me on to this clip.  He really wanted a tall glass of Fantasia (He always comes across thirsty). He won that battle though.....I love ❤️ it.



I loved this clip too....



I wanted to post more of his live music but he really doesn't have that many live clips of him singing his own songs...



And then this one...cause I'm not a fan of Terrence Howard and this clip was hilarious...





Songs on My Jamie Foxx playlist....
Rainman- I played this one like 12 times today when I was getting ready for work. It just sounds so good...
Overdosed- Love this one. I played it so much I got sick of it. 
Fall For Your Type
Slow
Freak'in Me 
Storm (Forcass)- I keep this one on repeat. That first album really was great. He wrote "T Shirt and My Panties" so I kinda find it hilarious when he says "T Shirt and My Boxers On".
Can I Take You Home
 Blame It
DJ Play A Love Song
Please Excuse My Hands
You Changed Me

And that's all....he kinda faded away. It seems at one point he was riding the wave of popularity and disappeared overnight....ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment