Sunday, November 10, 2019

Plant Therapy Chamomile Roman Organic Hydrosol Review



I go through phases of being really into skincare. and then other times I don't give it a second thought. I faithfully wash my makeup off every night...I can't get into bed and go to sleep without washing off my makeup. But I have a couple of weeks in between where I will skip all the extra stuff like masking, toning, etc.

Right now I'm back into skincare. I was considering trying on of the subscription boxes where they send you the Korean skincare masks...but I'm really into DIY masks and I'm not too thrilled about the ingredients. I may still try one in the future just because I think they are fun.

Makeup Facial sprays are everywhere these days. I wanted to try a more natural alternative to things like MAC Fix Plus, the Urban Decay sprays, etc. Because you inhale a lot of the ingredients when you spray it into your face. I thought I would try out hydrosols to start.

Plant Therapy claims:
Distilled from the Roman Chamomile plant at the highest level of purity to ensure a 100% pure, premium hydrosol that is USDA Certified Organic. Hydrosols are the aromatic remains after the steam-distillation process occurs. They are an excellent complement to essential oils because they are gentle enough to be used directly on the skin and can be used on children and pets. Roman Chamomile Organic Hydrosol is known for its calming properties. It is very calming and soothing to the skin and can be used on both children and adults to soothe when irritation occurs. When applied over the skin, it can provide a comforting and moisturizing effect that feels amazing. Roman Chamomile Organic Hydrosol is the ideal hydrosol for baby care. Mist on baby’s bedding to promote calmness and is gentle enough to use on a baby’s bottom for occasional irritation in the diaper area.













I'm not the biggest fan of chamomile. I've tried chamomile body washes, butters, the tea, etc. It's supposed to be really calming. I just don't like the scent or the taste. And I don't think it has that much calming effect for me at this point. 

But they had this as a five dollar add on- down from 12.95 and I just went for it. 

I use it as a regular facial spray. Maybe my skin is softer, slightly smoother? It can help soothe minor skin irritation. It is slightly hydrating in the summer months. I found I really liked to apply this instead of a heavy moisturizer since my skin is really oily. And I keep in the refrigerator so spraying something cold on my face is super nice when it's hot and muggy outside.

I do love that they include a flip top and a sprayer, so it's easy to use and you don't have to worry about switching

They do recommend using it as a calming room spray, but it smells nothing like chamomile. It smells like grout to me. Like a freshly tiled bathroom. Idk if that's how its supposed to smell or if that's just how mine smells. 

But I'm not sure it does anymore for my skin than a simple DIY Chamomile tea that I could brew, let cool, put in a spray bottle, and use it pretty much the same way.

It does seem to settle down a powdery look....although lately I haven't had too many issues with my skin looking powdery. I usually forget to powder. Whoops. 

I don't know. I'm not sure if I would buy it again because I just don't think it has done enough for me. I do still want to try to Rose and the Lavender Hydrosol though. Maybe those will smell better. 

Random:
I bought a Lancome perfume this weekend and got a whole cute bag with a couple of samples. I've been wanting a new bag but I can never find one that's cute enough to buy. This free one was too cute though...and can't beat the price! 





No comments:

Post a Comment