Monday, January 13, 2020

Cherry Cardamom Cream Puffs

I wanted to make something for my family before my sister headed back to school. So Saturday...I attempted to make cream puffs and I also made a bomb dinner. I never make dessert and cook in the same day...because I usually start messing up. 

I got the idea to make cream puffs from an Afghan site I make recipes from. There was a recipe that was kind of similar but you have to make a mold out of aluminum foil and I didn't really feel like playing with foil and wasting foil like that. So I decided to make cream puffs. And kept the idea of cardamom. And nixed pistachio powder because I didn't think it would add much. And I added sour cherry pie filling. Mostly because I had a cream puff from the German bakery and there was cooked fruit in the bottom and I thought it would be cool to add to mine.


I failed cream puffs...twice. My first batch burned but rose. Second batch didn't burn but they didn't rise either. Third batch I used the recipe from King Arthur and they came out perfect! I was really impressed with myself. 

So I made the cherry filling and whipped the cream with some cardamom. and powdered sugar.  Assembled. Sprinkled them with powdered sugar. And bam. 

Everyone really liked them. And my mom seemed to love them. 

I think my next big challenge will be macarons....







No comments:

Post a Comment