Thursday, January 16, 2020

Trish McEvoy #29 Tapered Blending Brush Review


I used to be addicted to buying makeup brushes. These days I really seem to have curbed my constant need to buy more and more brushes. There's only so many brushes a girl can use right? Now I've just been buying everything else. But my birthday is coming up soon...and I plan to spoil myself 👸🏿.

Anyway...I bought this brush because I thought I had seen a makeup artist I follow use it. But I don't think I have. I'm pretty sure it was another brush, but by the time I realized  I had already ordered the brush.

Trish claims:
Why Brush 29? 

Windshield-wiper crease brush. 
This silky, gently tapered eye brush guarantees a perfect application of crease color. Its long, loose hairs and soft gradation allow you to effortlessly enhance your eye contour.

  • Natural cruelty-free hair
  • Non-shedding
  • Soft enough for even the most gentle skin
  • Weighted Lucite handles
  • Brass ferrules 

I bought mine from Nordstrom. Mostly because they offer free shipping. And lots and lots of samples in follow up emails! 

I love the actual brush. It's more tapered than the blending brushes already in my collection. Although it's more tapered, I don't find it to do much more different than something like the 217 brush from MAC. It could just be me though. True to its description the brush is super soft and I haven't had any shedding.

The handle is on the smaller side. But I like that. I feel it gives you a little more control although I am used to longer handled brushes.

The only thing I don't like about the brush (besides price-$37) is that the handle is plastic/acrylic. It doesn't feel cheap. But I prefer more natural materials like wooden handles...or maybe even a crystal handled brush would be cool. At the end of the day I think materials other than plastic/acrylic or better for the environment. I think even metal is easily recycled. But on the positive side...I think this brush is built to last. I've had some brushes (MAC) in my collection for 10+ years and they are still going strong! 

Just in case you're curious, the brush was made in China. 


Overall, I like the brush, glad it's in my collection. But not sure I would purchase more. I think when I get back into the brush buying mode again, I will try to get my hands on some Chikuhodo brushes or Hakuhodo brushes. 

Random:
I'm so happy I made it to the weekend...I've had this game a couple weeks and just been neglecting it. One day this weekend...it's gonna be me and this game. I really wish it had came out on the 360, but I'm glad I still have my Wii. 





No comments:

Post a Comment