Friday, January 17, 2020

Manhattan 5 in One Base Coat Review



I can't sleep for anything so I figured I would get up, and blog. Because what else is there to do at 3:30 a.m. I've been having "one of those" days. Kinda feels like everyone is just attacking me for no reason, either that or I'm just being sensitive. Usually when I have days like that I have a "self care" day. To include painting my nails. 

Best stress relief for me. Looking at my nails and seeing a pretty color makes me happy. Except today I picked a color I don't like so much....Whoops.

Anyway....

I've been trying to buy more stuff in the local stores. I'm pretty sure I bought this base coat in DM. But I've seen Manhattan in nearly every German store that carries makeup. I think it's a UK brand. Or at least this base coat is made in the UK. I've used a few base coats...and haven't really found one that I favor above all others. 

This one claims:
Strength- I have really weak, prone to peeling nails. I have noticed my nails are stronger lately. Either  that or it's all the Coconut Oil I've been using on my cuticles. I do think this helps though.

Smoothness-It does make my nail polish go on smoother. It just makes everything glide over it. 

Shine- It also make's any polish I put over it look much glossier than it would otherwise. Which is especially helpful for some of the duller colors in my collection. 

Moisture- I wouldn't say it gives moisture. Maybe. But IDK? 

Protection: I have a couple of blues and reds that really leave stains on my nails. This helps a little. But I still have staining. Using two coats of this does offer more protection though. And I think using two coats helps my nail polish stick better. But I want a base coat that can do it in one. 

The packaging is OK. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

Except the brush. The brush looks like two brushes stuck together. It's really strange but it makes applying it super quick and easy. So I like it.

I think it's one of the better base coats I've used. I really like it. I do think there's prolly something out there a little better though! For the price (about $2.60), this can't be beat! 




No comments:

Post a Comment