Friday, January 17, 2020

Weleda Lavender Relaxing Body and Beauty Oil Review



The most popular natural scent of all time....Lavender. In a body oil. I haven't bought many body oils, but I do want to try the whole Weleda line of oils while I live in Germany...because they are a German brand. I have seen them sold in TJ Maxx and some natural stores in the states, so it is accessible in the US at least. 

Weleda claims:
The ultimate relaxing body oil for normal to dry skin.A relaxing oil with the classic scent of calm and peace.
Scented with a violet-blue “true” lavender with a flowery, serene fragrance, this body oil immediately dispels stress and busy tension and creates a sense of peace, radiance and well-being. The lavender is infused into a light skin-loving blend of sweet almond and sesame oils, to absorb quickly. Perfect after a long day, massage and inhale to quiet the mind. Breathe deeply and relax.
Soothing, relaxing, harmonizing. Improves skin hydration and reduces roughness. Certified natural by NATRUE. Dermatologically tested. Free from synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colorants or raw materials from mineral oils.

All Lavender is not created equal. I've come across some very bad Lavender scented stuff. Mostly in the drugstore. There were a couple of more natural brands that didn't get the scent right. This does. It smells like Lavender Essential Oil. Or even fresh, real Lavender. 

It says calming and relaxing. And some Lavender Oils have that effect on me. This one doesn't. I can put this on and go about my day and not feel like I'm extra sleepy and relaxed. Which is kind of a bummer. I kind of wanted something to calm and relax me.

It is a very "comforting" scent though. 

You don't get a lot for the price. I think I paid the equivalent of about 15 dollars. I can make my own a lot cheaper for sure. But not everyone is a DIYer. 

It comes in a really nice glass bottle. With a pump. A really nice pump. I'm keeping the bottle and going to fill it with my own mixes once it's done. 

It's light, but hydrating, and sinks in really quickly. It makes my skin feel pretty soft. No complaints there. It would probably make an excellent massage oil.

I've used it in my hair. And you can even use it as a bath oil. I haven't tried it that way...but I saw they had a vid posted on youtube where they added a few pumps to milk and then poured it in the bathtub. A true milk bath. I might try that. 

Ingredients are great. And from what I see on the website, they offer fair wages for ingredients. 

Ingredients: 
Sweet Almond Oil, Sesame Oil, Lavender Oil, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Coumarin 


It's OK. I probably wouldn't buy this one again only because I can make my own. But I will try some of the other varieties. I think I'll try the citrus one next. \

Random:
I randomly thought of this skit. I needed the laugh and this vid always helps so I thought I would share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment