Monday, February 3, 2020

Lancome La Vie Est Belle Parfum Review



Life is Beautiful.

So far this week has ben going so great. It is my birthday week...I'm only working for the next two days and I took my birthday off. So it's a four day weekend for me. I'm going out on the weekend. My hotel room is BOOKED. And I did order an outfit but I'm not 100% certain it will get here in time. But regardless...I'm ready!

Let's talk perfume. I went a little crazy last year and bought a few. Including this one. I was starting to have a perfume obsession and was really just going with it. I already know the next one I want to pick up- Chanel Number 5. 


Lancome claims:
La vie est belle, a French expression meaning, life is beautiful. The manifesto of a new era. Universal yet personal, Lancome's femininity is a choice embraced by women, not an imposed standard. The choice to live one's life and fill it with beauty-your own way. Lancome has long fostered such a conviction, and shares it today with all women in the form of an exceptional creation. The fragrance of joyful femininity and happiness. The fragrance that makes life more beautiful

Floral & Sweet
  • Top notes: Iris, Black Current, Pear, 
  • Middle notes: Patchouli, Orange Blossom,Jasmine
  • Base notes: Vanilla bean, Praline

I've seen Lancome perfumes advertised a lot. I was looking for my next perfume and saw that the store was having a promotion where you get a little makeup bag and some samples with your Lancome purchase. So I just picked up the first one on the display and took it home. I bought the 1.7 ounce and used a gift card, so I think I paid around 60 or 70 for it. I can't even remember now. It's definitely up there in price.

It is a hyped perfume. It really smells a lot like Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb- especially the patchouli note. But I like this so much better. It's more sweet smelling and the vanilla really comes through for me when it dries down. I love the vanilla dry down! I think it's a top note.

 It lasts hours and hours. Ten hours plus. It's really an all day perfume.And it can really stick to your clothes too. Bang for your buck for sure.

As for the bottle- for some reason I never think the bottle is all that special until I get it home. As soon as I took it out the box, I love the bottle. The glass is really nice, the shape is nice. And I love  the tie on it. It's a really pretty bottle. I'll probably keep it long after I've used up the actual perfume! 

It came out in 2012 and I think at first it was super unique. But it has since been copied and copied. And I've smelled it on quite a few people so it's not a super unique perfume.

Overall, I do really like it. I don't think it's one I can't be without or one that I will repurchase. But I will enjoy using up the bottle. Worth a sniff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment