Sunday, March 29, 2020

DIY Shea Sea Buckthorn Anti-Age Facial Moisturizer

I'm waiting for some food to digest before I play another round of Just Dance....and in between I just made another batch of all natural face cream.

I whipped it up in minutes. I've tried many times over the years to whip shea butter..but it never stays soft like I want it to. I think I've finally figured out the easiest way to do it. And it all came about because I bought The Ordinary's Sea Buckthorn Oil and was tired of messing with the strong orange staining. So I figured diluting it in some Shea Butter might help. 

And it has. 

I was also thrilled because I could combine all my favorite things on my face at once.

I make small batches. In a tiny glass jar, but it would make more sense to at least use a larger container. Shea Butter and oil get's everywhere when I make it. And I ALWAYS overfill it. But I will probably do it again next batch because I'm hard headed.🤷🏾‍♀️


Anyway...I start with adding Shea Butter to my too tiny glass jar. Make sure it's clean and sterile. I spray mine down with alcohol after washing it out.



Then I add a bit of grapeseed oil. It's just one of my favorite oils for the face. I have Coconut and Avocado oil but I save it for the body butters. My face can't take those oils. I just stir it in. Start with a little at a time. You can add it until you area at the texture you want. It's super easy to stir together. I just use the back of a clean makeup brush.

Then I added five drops of Sea Buckthorn oil. I love it, just hate how messy it can be on it's own. It really does help brighten skin though, so it's kind of worth the mess. 


Then I added some of the Anti-Age oil I got from Plant Therapy. Just three drops. And it makes it smell really nice- although the scent took some getting used to. I used it for my first batch..and will use it every other batch. I want to experiment with more oils, so this batch was 1 drop of Cistus, 1 drop of Lavender, and 1 drop of Geranium. 


Mix it well. Then use daily/nightly. I like to use it when my face is still damp, you only need a tiny amount. That way it keeps the oiliness down and absorbs really quickly.

I'm loving it! Will probably keep using this recipe for a few years to come. I have a lot of Sea Buckthorn oil to get through. 

Of course, you don't need to use exactly what I did, use what you have. 

Happy Experimenting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment