Friday, March 6, 2020

Lancôme HYPNÔSE Drama Mascara Review



One more post and I think I'm done for the day....and hopefully I can get some sleep! I made the mistake of drinking coffee yesterday and I don't handle caffeine well at all. So I was up most of the night and morning ....but I did get a couple of hours, I think.  Plus I've been working out on and off for part of the day. So I'm hoping that drained any residual caffeinated  energy. 

Lancome claims:
The mascara that delivers instant lash drama in a single coat, no clumping or flaking.
  • Intense black pigments
  • Triple coating system delivers a fluid and creamy application to quickly and easily build big, battable lashes that won’t clump or flake throughout the day.

  • Unique, oversized brush provides full contact with lashes for ultimate volume
  • Delivers maximum lash coating with immediate load gives lashes instant volume
  • Fluid, creamy gliding formula evenly coats lashes from root to tip for buildable volume
  • Promises intense, deep color
  • Fragrance-Free. Ophthalmologist Tested. Allergy Tested. Safe for contact lens wearers

  • New oversized S-shaped curve full contact Convex Brush
  • Texturizing Complex formula with highly saturated waxes
  • Triple Coating System enriched with Pro Vitamin B5
  • Deep Carbon Black Pigments

I'm on a mission to try out all of the Lancome mascara's. My first Lancome mascara was years back and it was just to regular Hypnose. I don't know exactly when this one came out but I loved that one so much I figured I would probably really like this one. Especially because I'm after the longest, thickest, darkest lashes mascara can give me. 

To start with, I'm not a fan. Most of the time, I find I get clumpy lashes. I think it has to do with too much product sticking to the brush. Every now and then I get a decent look, but more often I get a clumpy mess. Or my lashes look longer but kind of thin because they are all sticking together.

So that makes me not a fan of the brush. I don't understand the brush at all. It's the strangest shape. It really is. Give me regular brush any day.


Besides the brush and clumping problem-the formula isn't bad. It doesn't flake off, wears all day, doesn't smudge. It would be a nice mascara if the brush was better. I think it has the potential to deliver thick, long, and DARK lashes. Like I want. It just doesn't

It does have a scent. Kind of the rose scent that Lancome loves to use but it's not present in all of their mascaras. Just in case anyone wanted to sniff my eyelashes.



Overall, it's not one I would buy again or recommend. It was kind of a disappointment. Can't win them all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment