Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Wild Soap Bar Sweet Grass Review


Before this soap I had never even heard of Sweet Grass. According to Wikipedia it is "a sacred grass of the indigenous peoples of Canada and the United States. It is used as a smudge, in herbal medicine and in the production of distilled beverages". I wish I could smell some for myself.


A Wild Soap bar claims:
Our Sweetgrass Soap is infused with sacred sweetgrass braids which were traditionally used by Native Americans for smudging and purifying ceremonies. The sweet grassy scent with bold undertones of vanilla and a hint of spice is both grounding and uplifting

Like always we will start off with scent. Before I got it in the shower it smelled like cinnamon play dough. I wasn't a fan of the scent at all. I thought it might change when I started to use it and it did. It basically became unscented. Probably perfect for those that like lightly scented soaps but not really my thing. 


The lather is nice, super bubbly, rinses clean, and mildly drying. 


As always..ingredients are great! It's all natural, scented with only essential oils and natural colourants. 

Ingredients:
ponified certified organic vegetable oils (extra virgin olive, coconut, sustainable palm, sunflower, castor) infused with sweetgrass, distilled water, French green clay, essential oils (benzoin, patchouli, clary sage, lime, cassia)


Overall, it's not really my thing. It was definitely a unique soap that I don't think you'll see from any other brand, but it wasn't for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment