Friday, May 15, 2020

Nature's Shea All Natural Beige Shea Butter Review



It is the most perfect Friday. The weather is beautiful outside...I feel like I should be outside enjoying the rest of the sunlight...but before that I will go ahead and get this post out of the way. More Shea Butter. If you've read my blog, you know these past couple of years I stay ranting and raving about Shea Butter. I love this stuff. It's great for EVERYTHING. I stumbled across the Nature's Shea website a few years back and really wanted to try out their Shea Butter. I signed up for their emails and as soon as I saw a sale, I jumped right on it. I think it was 20-30% off. I can't remember now.

I bought two types of Shea Butter. 

Natures Shea claims:
100% all natural and organic beige shea butter from northern Ghana. Our beige shea butter has slightly more healing power than our ivory shea butter. Please note beige color can vary from light to dark beige.

 The retail price without any sales is pretty high at $25 for only one pound of Shea Butter. It's pretty high and I most definitely wouldn't order without a sale. Especially since there is nothing on their site to indicate the Shea Butter is fair trade or the producers get a fair wage. It doesn't mention if the Shea Butter is hand processed or machined and those are definitely things I want to know when I buy Shea Butter. 

Not all Shea Butter is the same and I can definitely say it feels different depending on where you buy it. Some are firmer, some smell smokier, some are a little gritty. 

This Shea Butter is pretty firm. Even when my room is warmer I don't notice any difference in the firmness of the butter. It's not the easiest Shea to work with but once you warm it in your hands it melts pretty easily. 


It doesn't smell as smoky/nutty as some Shea Butter I've come across but it does smell like Shea and something a little buttery (in a natural way) . For some reason I think it's because this is machine processed. When I first started digging in it was super smooth but when I dug a little further in it had that slightly gritty texture most Shea Butter has. Not in a bad way....just something I noticed.

For some reason it doesn't feel as moisturizing as some other Shea I've used in the past. It's not as greasy/oily feeling. 

I still feel it's good for most things you would use Shea Butter for...hair, body, cuticles, face moisturizer, feet, etc. I like to mix mine up with some softer oils and essential oils to make it smell nice and spread easier.  


Shea Butter is anti-inflammatory and I find it to be one of the best "carrier" oils for aches and pains. You can even massage it in by itself and it seems to help. For that reason I do know many people recommend it for arthritis. It's also great for eczema, burns, etc. I got a pretty bad burn on my arm a few week ago and the skin grew back quickly and smoothly with the use of Shea Butter. It's still discolored  but feels super smooth and looks great considering what it looked like initially. 

I don't think I would purchase this particular Shea Butter again. Even though it's more expensive per pound, I prefer the Out of Africa Shea Butter over this one. 

Random: 
I'm going on a mini drive tomorrow and wanted to share one of my number one summer car songs. This whole song is quite the pick up line...back in the 90's when everyone was referred to as "Shorty"

No comments:

Post a Comment