Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Plant Therapy Sun Kissed Essential Oil Blend Review



This was part of the summer trio they release for 2019. Summer blends are great year round because they tend to bright, citrusy, uplifting blends. Which... with everything that is going is nice to have in the collection.

Plant Therapy claims:
Is there anything better than the sun shining bright in the sky, warming you up from the inside out? Well, we bottled up that bright and uplifting sensation in our Sun Kissed Blend! The sweet and citrusy blend of oils encourages a summertime sense of joy and excitement. May Chang and Lavender help to soothe and instill a sense of calm, while Peru Balsam rounds out the blend with a lovely, sweet, supportive note. You’ll love enjoying the carefree, cheerful summer feelings all year-round with Sun Kissed!


This blend is zesty. All of the zest of citrus that just punches you in the face. It's been years since I've smelled the Lush Sexy Peel soap but I think if you like the way that smells...you would love this. To my memory it's very similar. 

I really do like it. I think it would be amazing in a summer body scrub (haven't tested it out yet), it's a great blend to diffuse, and makes an excellent room spray. I recently added some to my Shea Butter mix to use as an everyday lotion and it scented the Shea pretty well. Sometimes citrus gets lost in Shea Butter. Not this one, and it stayed zesty. It doesn't stay on my skin long but lingers in the air and makes my room smell great. 

There is a note that does linger that isn't very citrusy but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's Lavender? But I'm not 100% sure. Maybe it's the Balsam ...but I've never actually smelled that. Idk.

Ingredients: 
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba (May Chang) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Myroxylon Pereirae (Balsam Peru) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime SD) Peel Oil

I don' think it's one I would rush out to buy if they offer it again...just because there are other scents I love compared to this. 

But it's a nice blend and I'm happy to have it in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment