Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A Wild Soap Bar Oak Moss Review


Oak Moss. To be honest I had no idea what Oak Moss was or if I've ever seen it. But apparently I was intrigued because into the cart in went.


A Wild Soap Bar claims:
As its name suggests, oakmoss grows on the branches and trunks of oak trees. It is one of the most commonly used raw materials in popular chypre and fougère types of fragrances. Often used as a fixative, oak moss not only improves the longevity of the scent but also lends an earthy, damp forest-like aroma to our essential oil blend. This may be considered a traditional men's scent, but women are wild about it too. Bathe in the sultry richness of oak moss with this super smooth green bar! 3.5 oz. boxed bar

It's not a scent you come across in soap very often. I was a little surprised when I got the bar and it had a more masculine scent- I don't read descriptions...just put whatever in the cart. It's definitely a more masculine scent. It smells outdoorsy, fresh, and a little like cologne. It almost reminds me of Irish Spring -except Irish Spring is overwhelmingly chemical and artificial and this is natural and nice.


I didn't even know you could make this type of scent with just absolutes and essential oils.

That being said...the scent is light in the shower. I can barely smell it, except when I go to rinse, then I get whiffs of it every now and again. And I like it. I think it would make a nice mens cologne.

The soap works like all others-bubbly lather, rinses clean. But slightly drying on certain spots of my skin. I ended up a with a few dry patches so moisturizing was necessary. This particular bar might be better for oily skin. 

Packaging is super nice. Easy to recycle. No plastic! And they donate a portion of sales to environmental causes. Win for everyone.


I did do a little looking into Oak Moss Absolute. It's not an ingredient you run into every day. I did find Lush also had a soap with it called Devil's Nightcap- I really wish I could have tried it before they discontinued it. 

The ingredients are excellent. No complaints as far as ingredients.  

Ingredients:
saponified certified organic vegetable oils (extra virgin olive, coconut, sustainable palm, sunflower, castor), distilled water, French green clay, essential oils (lavandin, oak moss absolute, patchouli, vetiver), sea salt, cosmetic grade pigments

Overall, I liked it. Not something I would buy again for myself, but cool to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment