Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Lush Figs and Leaves Soap Review



This is a re-visit from a couple of years ago. I just figured I would try all the soaps out again and see what I thought about them now that I've tried so many more brands and types of natural soaps. So..figs are not a common scent but I have tried a few things out that came in a fig scent. This ties with a body scrub I used a couple years back for #1 fig scented product. It still smells so good. 

Lush claims:
This creamy fig soap is wonderfully suited for irritated and sensitive skin. Modestly draped in grape leaves and demurely creamy beige in color, it's the scent of this soap that stands out: alluring orange blossom and juicy figs with an undertone of floral ylang ylang oil draws you in. Scrubby fig seeds gently exfoliate and get to work getting you clean, while organic aloe vera is calming and gentle. Seductive, nutritious, scrubby, and soothing—what are you waiting for? 



First off the soap is unique looking. The ones you order online were shaped as opposed to cut off a big block. Which is nice because you actually get to see a design. This particular soap is very earthy  looking. It has leaves on it and it a cool natural color with lots of fig seeds throughout. It's a very unique soap. I don't think I've seen another similar looking one anywhere. Which is something I really like about Lush soaps.

They recently shrunk the soap, this version was 120 grams for 5.50 pounds. Now the soap is 5 pounds for 100 grams. A small price cut.

I have mixed feelings on the seeds. On one hand they are a little scratchy- at least on my body. But when I use it on my hands it's almost like getting a nice hand massage. I love using it as a hand soap for that reason. 

Lush soaps melt quickly-if you use a wash cloth. Without a wash-clothe they last significantly longer.   Dragging the bar on your skin means you get the exfoliation though.

The lather isn't bubbly...or thick and rich. It's kind of oily feeling but cleans really well and doesn't strip my skin. I feel like the Aloe Vera in the soap makes a big difference.

Now..the scent. I love, love, love the scent of it when it's just sitting. It changes a bit in the shower and I don't like it as much but it's still ok. I know it has Ylang Ylang oil in it, which I pick up on. And a fig scent. Figs don't really have much scent to me, maybe when they are cooked. This does have the common scent I feel I pick up on in other fig products. So I guess it smells like fig in that round-about way. It is a very unique scent though and while I love it, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of people that don't. 

I did read through my old review and I did mention I didn't think the scent was that strong- it's not super strong on my current bar. But it has a decent scent strength. It does fill up the bathroom and make the bathroom smell like it at least an hour after I've gotten out the shower. 

I love watching the How It's Made videos Lush does. It looks a bit different now. But look at all those yummy figs. Mmmm. I guess they are good for your skin?




Ingredients:
Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Water, Glycerin, Fig Decoction, Fair Trade Aloe Vera Gel, Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Aloe Vera Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, TetraSodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Butylephenyl Mehtylproprional, Vine Leaves

I probably would buy it again. Maybe not as a shower soap, but definitely as a hand soap. I really do love the smell.

Random:
This has been on repeat for the last week. I LOVE this song. I think I've listened to it everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment