Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Lush Outback Mate Soap Review



Today has been a really great day....and tomorrow is my Friday. #winningwednesday 

Anyway...figured I would write a blog post. Yet another Lush review. This soap wasn't out when I went through my lush phase years and years ago.  It kind of falls into the mint category.  I tried two soaps from Lush that were minty and hated them both. Lush Dirty soap and Demon in the Dark. One was straight up toothpaste smelling and the other was dirty mint. They were both discontinued and rightly so. Anyway...I was hoping Lush got the mint thing right this time, and I think they did.

Lush claims:
Cleanliness and happiness are a slice with this zingy blend of eucalyptus infusion, lemongrass oil and peppermint oil. A true blue beauty, each piece of handmade Outback Mate will put a smile on your face with the refreshing tingle of peppermint and the uplifting aroma of lemongrass. Eucalyptus gently cleanses your skin and brightens your mood, making this one your best mate to wash away the blues and leave you feeling fresh.
We made the product. You made it a Cult Classic. Learn more.

 5 Pounds/100 gr


This soap seems pretty popular. It's a combination of lemongrass, peppermint, and eucalyptus. If you like fresh, minty, sinus clearing scents you will like this. I actually do really like this and see why a lot of people do. It's very unisex. And smells exactly like if you mixed the essential oils together. Nothing artificial about the scent at all.

It is a perfect scent for after a workout or on really hot days and it fills up the bathroom for at least an hour after. 

It smells of lemongrass and mint, but in the shower I find the Eucalyptus really shines through. And Eucalyptus is amazing for sore muscles- I'm not sure if it's in my mind but I feel like any muscle soreness I get goes away really fast since I've been using this soap.

It's also one of the prettiest soaps. It looks like a little work of art. But there is a lot of blue color. The lather and run off is blue. Which is kind of fun..but I would be cautious if you are using it with a lighter washcloth. I didn't have any issues with staining but I would definitely be careful with this one. 

They recently changed the shape, I actually prefer the old look but it is 5 pounds as opposed to 5.50. I also think this bar was 120 grams vs the 100 it is now.

It doesn't really bubble up. But still cleans OK. 

It melts really quickly but I find most Lush soaps do. 

The first time I used it, my skin did get a little dry, however once my skin got used to it, it was fine. I can easily skip moisturizing.


Ingredients: 
Eucalyptus Infusion, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut oil, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Water, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Perfume, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Peppermint Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Cornstarch, Sodium Hydroxide, EDTA Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltodextrin, Synthetic Fluophlogopite, Citrall, Citronellal, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal,Limoneme, Colour

Overall, I really liked it. I don't know if I would repurchase but it is for sure the best mint soap they have offered and also a great choice if you love Eucalyptus or a fresh unisex scent.

Random:
I bought a new plant, I've always wanted a succulent and finally bought one. Here is to hoping I can keep it alive!!







No comments:

Post a Comment