Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Princess and the Frog: Berry Peachy Cobbler



Mmmmm peach cobbler. Or berry peach cobbler. Except I'm not a fan. Most cooked fruit desserts- I don't like. Unless it's apple pie with ice cream or some kind of fruit pastry but it depends on the fruit. I decided to make this anyway..because I've never made a cobbler. Or at least not that I can remember, so I though I would give it a whirl.



The recipe is super easy- it does come out of a kids book. I wanted to make it while we were still in peach season. I love peaches (fresh) and have eaten tons already this summer and have two more containers waiting on me. Also raspberries have been in abundance and I like a good raspberry every now and then.

Raspberry and peach are the perfect combination. In a smoothie.  I made Vitamix Summer Blush smoothie which I recommend if you like smoothies....it combines the two fruits flawlessly. 

Anyway..this was super easy. I just cut up/sweetened some fresh fruit and then poured the batter over it. It came out more bready than I thought. But the pic showed a compl
etely different look. Not sure where this one went wrong.



It was OK. If you like cobblers. For me, I just hate baked peaches. Doesn't matter if it is canned or fresh. 


I served mine with homemade whipped cream..and it still didn't save it for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment