Monday, August 17, 2020

Lush Sex Bomb Bath Bomb Review



My very last bath bomb. I need to get on it and place my next Lush order...but I feel like I need to use  up more of the soaps first. Anyway...this is a re-visit. I first tried this bath bomb way back in 2013. I should have listened to myself and not purchased again. Curiosity got the best of me.

Lush claims:
When you’ve got that feeling - tired, stressed out and anxious - you need some sensual healing. The fragrant blend of jasmine, ylang ylang and clary sage will soon have you relaxed and feeling in the mood... Jasmine is an ancient aphrodisiac, used as a sensual perfume in India for centuries and in aromatherapy to ease stress and anxiety. Clary sage clears the mind, while ylang ylang is renowned for soothing worries.
3.95 Pounds 


I don't really recall the scent from the first bomb but in my original review I picked up a lot of rose and this go around it was overwhelmingly jasmine. Which is nice, outside of Lush not many companies offer Jasmine scents. And I'm a fan of Jasmine now- I wasn't at first. This smells great and makes the bathroom smell amazing for quite awhile..I think about a day after. Unfortunately in the bathtub, even though the scent is strong my nose lost the scent or became blind to it quite quickly and I only really picked it up when I left and came back to the bathroom.


It's a classic lush bomb, pink and purple with a rice paper rose that doesn't quite give the rose effect I was expecting. But looks cool and is biodegradable so it doesn't clog any drains or harm the environment.

It fizzes really quickly and leaves the water a nice rose/hint of purple color. I like colored water...even though it's mostly useless.

I think I actually prefer the Lucky Cat bath bomb...I think it smelled a bit better. If you love Jasmine I think this is worth trying..but I wasn't wowed.

My skin wasn't dry-I think it was pretty moisturized afterwards but it is the hottest part of summer. Might be different in the winter.

It still had the best effect of a bath- calming and relaxing. And it has all of my favorite essential oils.

Looking at the ingredient list, I think the ingredients were better before. They made a few changes, they aren't too different, but I could more easily recognize everything. Still not as drastic a change as some companies do.

Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid,  Perfume, Soybean Flower, Synthetic Musk, Jasmine Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone Colour Rice Paper Flower

It's ok. I'm glad that I tried it again...but still feel the same. It's not a must purchase but worth trying at least once.




No comments:

Post a Comment