Sunday, August 16, 2020

Keyshia Cole

I didn't know if I wanted to do a post on Keyshia Cole. I like a lot of her music, but some of the things she has said over the years (pertaining to Black Girls Rock) ....I think she is one of those artists that I wish wouldn't speak. I don't want to go too far into it...so I'll just go right into sharing my favorite songs by her.

We'll start with You Complete Me. Her first couple of albums I never bought..but somehow I always had a copy. And since I had the album, I listened to it quite a bit. One of my faves was You Complete Me. 


Next up, Trust with Monica. I probably wouldn't have ever pictured them collaborating but I'm glad they did. I love this song.



Let It Go is my song. If you are trying to get one over  someone, play this a few times and I guarantee you will feel better. She sings Heaven Sent first-- I love that song too. Both of them are favorites. I just Missy made an appearance.




i
Posting the Heaven Sent Video...why not? I think it's her highest viewed music video



Love I Remember as well. These songs are taking me back.



Love is a song I HATED. It was the first song I heard by Keyshia. And I thought it was the worse assault on my ears...ever. I don't know when it changed but then all the sudden...I loved it. I think it has to do with the lyrics.  I still don't like that part in the chorus( you know what part I'm talking about). But I do really like the song. I remember watching this performance when it aired- I watched BET religiously back then. And I cracked up at how she did Tyrese. He went from being funny looking to being looking to finnnnne. Tall and chocolate 😍

This was a great performance for her though.



I Should of Cheated is a classic. I remember thinking- don't let a man make you compromise your morals. Walk away. Find someone that makes you better. But I was in that situation and I definitely felt those lyrics. I walked away (proud I did) because I want to be the best version of me, and cheating ain't it.




Other songs on the playlist:
This Is Us- No music video..but I love this one. Also no live version.
Fallin' Out




No comments:

Post a Comment