Monday, November 23, 2020

Orange and Poppyseed Cookies

 I always try to take some time out of my day and a "treat" myself. It can be something as small as a cup of tea...and occasionally homemade cookies. It doesn't always have to be food. I might watch a movie, take time to listen to a new album, or paint my nails. Today..it was a few things. I made myself a latte to go with my homemade cookies.

Orange and Poppyseed is definitely not a combo I had heard of. Lemon and Poppyseed is usually what you see everywhere. But I figured I would try it anyway..because why not try something new. Plus we had some poppyseeds that had been in the cabinet forever and I figured now was their time to shine.

I made the cookies..the only thing really different about them was the extra egg yolk. All my other cookie recipes call strictly for one egg. It makes the cookies extra soft and moist. But more crumbly or at least I think it was the extra yolk. Which I didn't really like. 



They were pretty easy to make and bake. 

I made three rolls. Cooked one up and baked last week. Chucked the other two in the freezer...and baked another last night straight from frozen. They definitely are better after freezing. The orange zest/flavoring really came out after freezing. 

Ultimately the cookies taste like Fruit Loops. No artificial flavorings necessary. 


Then I made a rooibos vanilla maple (syrup) latte to go with it. Which I only just discovered you can turn rooibos tea into a latte, which makes late night lattes possible for me- I have problems with caffeine and can only have black tea latte's early in the day 😭 But I love this vanilla rooibos so I might have to stock up! 


I do like the flavor of the cookies...but I wasn't a big fan of the texture. 


You can check out the recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment