Sunday, January 3, 2021

Princess and the Frog Recipe: Bayou Bread Pudding


This is the last recipe from the Princess and the Frog cookbook. I've made most of the recipes (some were not "cooking" so I skipped them). I can't believe I'm finally done. I've been cooking from this one for years. Now I'll have to find a new one.

The final recipe being bread pudding. I haven't had bread pudding (that I remember), so I was kinda excited to try this one out.

It was pretty easy. And had a twist with raisins and pineapple bits. I added walnuts. Which weren't in the recipe but were the best addition. I wouldn't make this again without them. I also made some whipped cream- spiked with maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon. 

And I think I've found a new favorite. 

French toast is my favorite breakfast. And this is very similar to it. It's like a dessert breakfast. 

I found the recipe posted here in case you want to check it out without buying the book.

I halved the recipe (didn't want to make a full batch, the half size was perfect!).


I'm pinning the recipe as a favorite and one I would make again. And if you like bread pudding or haven't tried it...you should definitely give it a try! 

Random: I bought this tea a few months back.it's not a true milk tea- it has flavoring. But it's bomb. It has a vegetal taste and then a coconut candy taste. I'll never go back to bagged Oolong tea again. Also..the size of the tea leaf and how in tact they are is really cool! 



No comments:

Post a Comment