Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The Body Shop Festive Berry Body Butter Review


My skin has been a little dryer than usual so I decided to get a few new body butters since I used to love slathering those on. I've also been mixing up my shea butter mixes more and have been rotating them so my skin is happy, soft, and moisturized again. I used to collect all The Body Shop's body butters. I think the prices were too high, they are up to $21 but not so bad if you get them on sale ($12). Which is what I did as soon as I saw the holiday butters on sale on the site. I picked up all three.

The Body Shop claims:

With tangy notes of aromatic juniper berry, juicy raspberry and sweet blackberry, it’s like walking through the market at Christmastime. Just close your eyes. Smell the bouquet of berry wreaths and the warm, fruity aromas of Christmas puddings.

Helps get silky-soft skin all Christmas with our nourishing, special edition Festive Berry Body Butter.

Slather on a creamy dollop of our body moisturiser. It melts into skin to leave it feeling smoother, softer and nourished with 24hr moisture. Take in that juicy, tangy festive scent.

Made with cranberry seed extract from North America, handcrafted Community Fair Trade shea butter from Ghana and Community Fair Trade sesame seed oil from Nicaragua, this fruity, seriously buttery treat is the perfect little Christmas gift or stocking filler.

Years back I had the Cranberry Body Butter, and I remember really like that. I didn't read the description and thought this one was the exact same as that...but surprisingly it's not. Interesting thing about the description is it smells nothing like what they say.  It smells like they mixed the blueberry body butter scent with the cranberry one and added a hint of the cinnamon you always smell in Michaels Craft Store. I thought it smelled a little strange at first, but it grew on me and I really like it. It smells nice on the skin and leaves my room smelling like a juicy cranberry after use.


The first time I used it was after a blazing hot, skin drying bath. For some reason it dried my skin more than usual. I put this on and it didn't seem to work, it absorbs really quickly and felt like it did nothing. Until about 10 minutes later and my skin was really hydrated and soft. Really soft. And the moisture lasts all day.

It's not heavy at all and very easy to rub in.

The packaging is the same tub they have been using for years with a cute little sticker.

I've noticed they are now being made in Germany. Back in the day, they used to be made in the UK. I wonder when they switched? 

The ingredients are nicer than most, still nowhere near natural. I'm happy to see at least the first three ingredients are really good- Cocoa, Shea, and Glycerin. They also do have their fair trade program and a new program for recycling plastic/reduce plastic waste which is always good to see.

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Limonene, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Seed Oil/Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, CI 14700/Red 4.

Overall, I really like it and would recommend it if you are a fan of cranberry/fruity scents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment