Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Face Shop Red Ginseng Firming Sheet Mask Review

 


After this mask, I have one more sheet mask review and then I can move on to something new! Of all the sheet masks I bought, this one was the most intriguing. Red Ginseng seems to be miracle skincare ingredient. Ginseng is all around healthy for you. I had a tea with it (probably not red ginseng) but unfortunately it gave me really bad heart palpitations. I had to be really careful drinking it. But back to skincare. Ginseng is said to boost circulation, promoting collagen development, protect the skin from free radicals and environmental damage, have anti-aging properties, brighten the complexion, and banish hyperpigmentation. Its use traces back to 1500's.

The Face Shop claims:

The firming sheet mask with red ginseng extract deeply nourishes skin to make it firmer.

The very first thing I noticed was the color. It has a reddish brownish tint that none of the other masks did. And there is no color added.

The second thing I noticed was the scent. It has the very best earthy/fresh dirt smell. I love, love, love the scent. I want a shower gel or soap in the scent. I wish it were stronger and lasted longer. I think of all the masks, this scent of this was my favorite. 

It didn't fit well. I find most of the masks in this line really just don't fit my face. But I make it work. 

I left it on until it dried out and then rubbed the rest of the essence into my skin.There was a lot!

It was very sticky and heavy looking and really did take hours to sink into my skin. After it finally did, my skin was nice and glowy. A bit less textured (I think). But I can't speak to firmness. I think you would have to use the mask regularly to really judge if it's actually firming your skin.

It's the same old story as with all the other masks, glycols, cones and other unrecognizable ingredients. This one was slightly different in that it didn't have Alcohol in it. The ingredients aren't really the best and sheet masks are generally one use products, which isn't really that great for our environment. 

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pentaerthrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Panax Ginseng Rott Extract, 1-2 Hexanediolm Dimethicone, Panthenol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol Sodium Hyaluronate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer Trmethanime Tri Sodium EDTA, Xanthum Gum, Ethylhexyglycerin, Cocoa Seed Extract, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool

Overall, I did like it. I don't know if it actually had a lasting effect, or even a noticeable one. But in my head that red ginseng extract is something special. I do want to try a serum with better featuring it as a ingredient and see how I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment