Sunday, March 14, 2021

Lush Figs In Honey Bubble Bar Review

This bubble bar sure does look lik esomething special. It's purple and gold, and a mixture of bath melt/bubble bar. It's also on the pricier side and sounds luxurious with a name like figs and honey. But really..I just thought it was OK.

Lush claims:

Silky-sweet foam and a sweet yet grounding fragrance collide in this scrumptious treat.

For a bathing experience that's truly gourmet, we bring you the silky, softening and sumptuous Figs In Honey. Sweet-scented perfume is blended with earthy myrrh and benzoin resinoids for a sultry, grounding final aroma. Then comes an indulgent double-header of organic fair trade cocoa and fair trade shea butters to hydrate, soften and smooth your skin from head to toe. Fine dining has nothing on fine bathing.

It's not related in scent to Figs and Leaves at all. It's supposed to be the same scent as Plum Rain shower gel. Which I've never smelled. So a fruity spicy scent that definitely seems like a holiday scent. It wasn't very strong at all. I got three baths out of it. I used 1/4 of it for two baths and the last one I used a whole half to see if it would have more scent. Honestly...using just a quarter is more than sufficient. You get about the same scent strength with is not very strong. Doesn't fill the bathroom but you can smell it lightly while in the bath tub.  It's very forgettable to me. I was expecting to like it more based on the reviews of Plum Rain.


The actual bubble bar is super cute. I think it's supposed to be a fig. I really like the way it looks. 

It makes decent bubbles considering a lot of it is bath melt texture. The water feels very hydrating when you are in it, but I found once out my skin felt the same as most other bubble bars and kinda dry a few hours later. 


The water was a pretty yellow based purple when I first ran the bath. By the end of my bath the water was a deeper purple. 



The ingredients are OK. It has Cocoa Butter, Benzoin, Myrrh, and Shea Butter. There aren't a lot of products out there with Myrrh so it's definitely cool to see it as an ingredient.

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Benzoin, Myrrh, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth 4, Synthetic Glitter, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Colour

At $13.95 or 9 Euro you can get up to 4 baths which makes it more cost effective but it's just not one I liked enough to buy again. I'm glad I got to try it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment