Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara Review


I'm about to go relax and enjoy the rest of my day off but figured I would post this review right quick before I jump to it. Today, mascara. I want to try all the Lancome mascara's and since we are still masking up and have been for the last year and some change, I haven't been wearing much foundation, lipstick,  or blush. Just eyeshadow and mascara. So it's been worth splurging on since I can't justify much else. 

Lancome claims:

The secret behind doll lashes, finally revealed!
Lancôme's most flirtatious lash look. A volumized, extended and full lash fringe for a wide-eye look. 

The secret behind this amazing result?
A new, unique, cone-shaped brush provides an extremely smooth and clean application, precisely defining even your hard-to-reach corners and lower lashes. Combined with the exclusively developed FiberShineTM formula, it sculpts, curls and loads each lash for the ultimate shiny lash fringe. Lift and thicken every single lash without weighing it down. Push up your lashes for your most flirty, wide open eye look.

Benefits

  • Volumized, Extended, Lifted lashes
  • Wide-Eye Effect
  • Flirtatious lash fringe for a bold, curved and clump-free finish
  • Precise, separated corner and bottom lashes

Technology

  • New unique cone-shaped brush for an extremely smooth application, perfect for hard-to-reach corner and bottom lashes
  • Nylon bristles combined with the exclusive FiberShineTM formula to sculpt, curl and load every single lash

The retail price on it is $28. I bought it for $23, which is a nice little discount. 

First thing I noticed about it is the rose scent. Lancôme's scent of choice for most things tends to be rose. I guess it's nice. But not something that's necessarily. I don't really need fragranced eyelashes. It's just there. If you love rose scented things you might appreciate it. For me, it doesn't really make a difference. 


The next thing I noticed and was pretty happy about was the brush. I prefer the old school brushes over the plastic bristled kind. I just think they do a better job of building length and volume quickly. This is no exception. I also love that the brush is tapered. I think it's an excellent brush and doesn't make too big of a mess either (if I were more careful).

As for performance, it does build length and volume quickly. I'm not sure why it's called doll lashes. I just googled porcelain doll lashes (I assume that's what they mean), and I'm not really getting the reference. I think it's supposed to build a fan of lashes, also not sure I notice that either. It really lengthens them out and they look thicker but thinner at the end if that makes sense. 



It's a different effect for sure but not something ultra noticeable unless you are paying attention.

It holds a curl, it has a nice dark color, and lasts all day without smudging. I find it a little harder to wash off though. It will probably be easier if you use proper makeup remover. I just wash with soap and notice if I'm not really rubbing it out, I will have leftover product in my lashes. 

Overall, I do like it. It's a good quality mascara, probably not worth the price tag. And not one I love enough to repurchase. 



No comments:

Post a Comment