Monday, June 7, 2021

Lush Fairly Traded Honey Review



 I watched Toy Story 4 last night. Have ya'll seen that movie? I feel like Toy Story is a movie that defined my childhood. I've probably seen the first movie about 5 billion times. I've seen the 2nd one a hand full of times. And I only just watched the third last week. I'm not sure why it took me so long to watch 3. Then we watched 4. The fourth one was trash. It wouldn't have been so bad, if I hadn't grown up with the other ones, which were excellent. It was just a disappointment all around. I had to go on IMDB and read the review and see if anyone hated it as much as I did and those review did not dissapoint.

But anyway, let's stop talking Toy Story and talk about other disappointing stuff.

Lush claims:

Hair in need of some serious moisture? Fairly Traded Honey is made with 50% honey and 20% linseed mucilage to give you all the hydration and conditioning your hair could ask for. And with so much honey packed into every bottle, Fairly Traded Honey is entirely self-preserving so there's no need for safe synthetics. Perfect for just about every head of hair.We buy our fair trade organic honey from over 2000 beekeepers across Zambia who are able to invest wages in essential oil production sites that provide additional economic developmentGood for all hair types, but especially dry hair in need of moisture. Honey is a natural humectant that draws hydration into the hair, and linseed mucilage will leave you sleek.

I was excited for this shampoo. It's definitely a unique shampoo. The first ingredients is Honey. Fairly traded honey from Africa. So much honey! There's probably no other similar product on the market. I had to try it. After using it the last couple of weeks, I'm really glad I bought the small bottle.

I think it's the SLS or sodium laurel sulfate. I haven't used SLS on my hair in a few years. Mostly because it tends to be really harsh, stripping and drying. Which it really is here. The first couple of uses my hair was DRY. It hasn't felt that dry in years. I do get a teeny bit of curl/kink definition. But it's not really worth the dryness.

It's not as bad now. My hair has gotten used to it kinda.

What it does mess up is my scalp. It makes my scalp dry and flaky. A problem I've not had for years so I know it's this specifically. I wish they offered an SLS free formula. 

As for performance, lathers easily, rinses clean. and smells nice. Doesn't really stick around much though. It's like a floral honey type of scent. Kinda smells like Ylang Ylang and honey. It even looks like honey. Also noteworthy- no detangling properties.

The ingredients are almost perfect. I love almost everything about the list except that SLS. 

Ingredients:

Fairly Traded Honey, Linseed Gel, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Gernaium Oil, Beeswax Absolute, Neroli Oil, Rose Absolute, Bergamot Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methyproprional, Citrononellol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salycilate, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoates, Farnesol, Hydroxycitronellal, Perfume 

Check out the vid showing how it's made


Overall, this is one I really, really, really wanted to work for me but it just didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment